1 step closer.........(AGI questions)

Alchemy

Well, maybe 2 steps. Passed my FIA and AGI written earlier today. I scored a 98 and 99 respectively. Good to get that behind me, but still a long way to go until the CFI ride....

While we're on the subject, one question for the AGI asks what an advanced ground instructor must do to remain eligible to exercise the pivledges of their certificate. The answer gleim gives is "served for at least 3 months as a ground instructor within the preceding 12 months". Exactly what does this mean? Say I made three logbook entries (in seperate months) within the previous 12 months documenting that I had given ground instruction. Am I current? As a CFI, should I sign people off for written tests using my AGI certifcate number and expiration date (rather than my CFI), just to maintain AGI currency?

[ QUOTE ]
As a CFI, should I sign people off for written tests using my AGI certifcate number and expiration date (rather than my CFI), just to maintain AGI currency?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Use your CFI certficate number. It will be the same anyways, except that it has "CFI" on the end of it. Also, Ground Instructor certificates do not expire.

Ground Instructor currency is basically moot, unless you teach only ground school.

I'm still going through stuff for the FIA test, and it is hard, since it is all a best answer kinda thing. 98 is way impressive, way to go! I'm looking forward to getting that written out of the way soon.

Josh

Back