1 hr. Turbine

ClipperPilot

Just wondering if anyone knew but I was curious to know, how much of their daddy's money do the rich boys spend for an hour on a 737 or other jet type a/c? Also, i heard about paying for jet time such as gulfstream where you pay for the right seat and fly passengers or something to that extent, maybe I misunderstood, let me know.

You do not want to pay an airline to let you fly. Run a search on PFT (pay for training) - basically people want to see airlines trust you to fly there aircraft, not because you have some ching chang.

You used to be able to rent something out of DFW with AA for $60 a minute or so I have heard. But remember you can log turbine time in a big boys simulator.

Figure the operating cost, no profit, is around 1500-1800$ an hour for the Lear-35, (an average to low cost jet to operate) and the Smaller Citations are in the 13-1500 hr range..

and the first 20+ hours you are in the aircraft you are one level above a spaz... learning ZERO... actually learning a lot, retaining little...

There's a place in San Diego...Flight crew systems. They offer citation type ratings. 3hrs in the actual jet for $4500 + $500 examiner fee. I belive they charged $1300/hr if you wanted extra time. I did a 7.5 hr 141 type rating with them for a total cost of $11,200.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a place in San Diego...Flight crew systems. They offer citation type ratings. 3hrs in the actual jet for $4500 + $500 examiner fee. I belive they charged $1300/hr if you wanted extra time. I did a 7.5 hr 141 type rating with them for a total cost of $11,200.

[/ QUOTE ]

A whole 3 hrs for $4500!!!!! WTF?

What a jip! I'd never pay that!

Back