Inspection Of All PW 757 Engines

That's sort of a broad speculation by the FAA. I know DTO does their own engine repairs and I think they even do overhauls. The question is, did the FAA inspect various PW engines at Delta or did they inspect other airlines witht the same PW engines. Now if the engine was installed straight from PW onto the aircraft as were the other engines that the FAA inspected than yeah it would make sense. Man I love the FAA!:rolleyes:

This is the article:

Jet engines found with damaged, missing parts

Safety officials urge FAA to take 'immediate action', order more inspections

APTRANS.gif
updated 6:48 p.m. ET, Thurs., Oct. 16, 2008<script language="javascript"> function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633597941276400000');</script>

WASHINGTON - Federal safety officials have found several passenger aircraft engines with damaged and missing parts and urged the Federal Aviation Administration on Thursday to order inspections of all similar engines.
The engines are a commonly used model made by Pratt & Whitney and are on a large number of Boeing 757 planes.
The problems were cited by the National Transportation Safety Board in a letter urging the Federal Aviation Administration to order inspections of the engines.
"Information gathered to date has raised serious concerns that warrant immediate action by the FAA," the safety board wrote Robert Sturgell, the FAA's acting administrator.
The safety board began examining the Pratt & Whitney engines after a Delta Air Lines flight experienced a loss of power early in a takeoff attempt from Las Vegas, Nevada, in early August. The pilot slowed the aircraft and returned to the parking area. There were no reported injuries.
FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said the agency was aware of the problem and was working with Pratt & Whitney. No decision has been made about whether to order inspections of all PW2037 engines, the type involved in the Las Vegas incident.

Back