Raffles/Door Prizes (sign-up)

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
We will have raffles and door prizes like we did last year.

However, This year, the raffle is sponsored to Omar's (Mrivc211) and his new ground school business. Omar is a long term JC member and we thank him for sponsoring NetworkJC. Due to the nature of his business, i'd like to gather information (via a poll) as to who could use his ground school services. Hopefully, he'll get on here and explain in further detail what his business offers but from my understanding his ground school sessions would be good for future CFIs or PPL ratings and on up through Multi and/or maybe even commercial.

I'm not sure if the ground school time would come to you or if you would need to go to him...that would have to be discussed after the winners are picked. I'm sure between Omar and Doug/I, we can help work out travel arrangements if needed.

The entrance fee for the raffle is $5 payable at the door of the Golden Room where the main networking event is being held.

The door prizes will be provided by Mpenguin (mike). As usual, he offers excellent marketing goodies as door prizes which include sweet nylon bags, posters, stickers, magnets, pens and so forth...totaling approximately $100 in boeing and other airline marketing goodies. I think Mike can explain more about what will be included in the door prizes.

Door prizes will be available to JC members only.

We're going to put out a donation jar for the door prizes...we haven't before charged for door prizes and i'm not entirely comfortable doing so, so if you'd like to donate $2 or $5 or whatever to NetworkJC, we'd be very appreciative as it will help us pay more of our NJC bills this year.

Please vote in the poll if you're interested in the ground school raffle... also list in the thread what type of ground school you'd be interested in so Omar has an idea of what he can provide for you.

Thanks!

Kristie

I will take some pictures, as always there are some nice goodies in the bags!

Hawaiian Airlines shirt, pens, pencils

Bombardier Polo shirts, business card holders, key chains, playing cards, flashlights

Aloha Airlines mouse pads & luggage tags
Airtran pens & flash lights
Boeing stickers, pens, & t-shirts, posters
Alteon pens, flashlights, mousepads
DC-3 stickers
More stuff

Here is the inventory from 1 bag:

1 - Hawaii Airlines polo shirt
1 - Challenger-300 hat
1 - FSB Hat
1 - Hawaiian Airlines coffee mug
1 - Hawaiian Airlines keychain
1 - Aloha Airline lanyard
1 - Aloha Airline mouse pad
1 - Aloha Airline luggage tag
1 - Alteon mouse pad
1 - Alteon coffee mug
2 - Boeing luggage tags
1 - Boeing key chain
1 - Boeing magnet
1 - Airtran flashlight
1 - Alteon flashlight
1 - 787 business card holder
1 - Bombardier business card holder
1 - Bombardier flashlight
1 - case of Boeing paperclips (airplane shaped)
1 - Alteon glass coffee mug
1 - Q series pen
2 - Airtran pens
3 - Hawaiian Airlines pencils
1 - Hawaiian Airlines pen
1 - Boeing pen
1 - Gulfstream pen
2 - Alteon pens
1 - Alteon highlighter
Boeing stickers (747, 767 , 787, DC-3)

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

I won one of these gift bags as a door prize last year. There was so much really neat stuff in it that I still have some left over. And that's after I gave some of it away to friends and co-workers! :nana2:

Keep up the great work, Mike!!

Al

I'm trying to understand this one... is everyone eligible for the door prizes upon paying a $5 fee? Or just those interested in flight instruction as a door prize? Who get's in the "goodie bag" column on the final itinerary?

Kristie

I will take some pictures, as always there are some nice goodies in the bags!

Hawaiian Airlines shirt, pens, pencils

Bombardier Polo shirts, business card holders, key chains, playing cards, flashlights

Aloha Airlines mouse pads & luggage tags
Airtran pens & flash lights
Boeing stickers, pens, & t-shirts, posters
Alteon pens, flashlights, mousepads
DC-3 stickers
More stuff

Those things are loaded!

I'm trying to understand this one... is everyone eligible for the door prizes upon paying a $5 fee? Or just those interested in flight instruction as a door prize? Who get's in the "goodie bag" column on the final itinerary?
goodie bags and door prizes are entirely different items. goodie bags are "small" marketing bags of stuff whereas the door prizes (as listed/shown above) have all the real *can use* type of marketing goods.

the $5 is for another raffle prize (the free ground school)...which is also different from the door prize.

so you have:
1) goodie bag (upon request) which are small marketing bag of goodies
2) door prize (listed/show above) that have some really good useable items
3) raffle prize which is a $5 in...in order to get a chance to win free ground school lessons. altho it doesn't seem as though there is a whole lot of interest in the raffle prizes..so winners might be easily chosen this time around.

Back