Mesa Stock

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I'm not the sort to Mesa Bash, but their stock tanked (relative term) 83% in after hours trading and is now at .037. Ouch.

<TABLE id=md cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 5px" colSpan=8><NOBR>After Hours: 0.037 -0.243 (-86.79%) - Oct 14, 4:40PM EDT </NOBR></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 5px; TEXT-ALIGN: right" colSpan=5><NOBR>NASDAQ Real-time data - Disclaimer </NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=tabs id=tabsTR><TD id=lefttabs></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now now. . .sucks for those who need the jobs. Obviously wouldn't suck for JO and his group of misfits.

Kinda like when you see a guy riding a ninja, hauling ass at 110 mph, weaving through traffic with no regard for anyone on the highway and you say.."I hope he doesn't crash.. that would be a waste of a good bike"

EXACTLY.

Except, I had the great misfortune at the ripe age of 10 to watch some dip#### do just that. . .100+ on a Ninja, into a concrete barrier on I-85 south coming past Union City.

Dead.

EXACTLY.

Except, I had the great misfortune at the ripe age of 10 to watch some dip#### do just that. . .100+ on a Ninja, into a concrete barrier on I-85 south coming past Union City.

Dead.

Poor bike.. never hurt no one.

Eh, that's XJT prices.
emot-doh.gif

Now now, XJT would just do a 1 for 1000 reverse stock split and presto blamo your stock would be worth 37.00/share! Yay! You're rich now!!!

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Heh.

What I meant to convey was that other operators (XJT) didn't have "padlocked doors" the next morning when the stock price got painful (but beats me ... there may be substantial differences in cash available at Mesa and XJT).

Oil's cheap-ish again. As a holder, I can hope for only good things. :)

As much as I'd like to see JO out of work, homeless and offering oral sex for a pint of Thunderbird, it's bad news no matter how you look at it. For guys looking for jobs, it's a disaster--as if there weren't enough furloughed pilots on the streets already.

The stock's been trading this low for a while now. It's like its gotten in the hands of day traders now -- it goes up 50% (like 12 cents) and then comes down, goes up. The volume is still pretty high. I hope the day traders are losing a lot of money.

I guess I'll wear the brown helmet here and say that Mesa has sucked for long enough the vast majority of people there knew what they were getting in to. Which isn't to say that I wasn't (nearly) one of them. Just that I don't think I'd have a complaint coming if I went to Mesa and it went out of business. Gambled and lost.

Regardless, legitimate complaint or not, it sucks for those employed there. Look at the bright side, when and if (JO has nine lives) it does go under, it might encourage mainline companies to pay a little more and get reliable service from companies that treat their employees as more than indentured servants.

Don't kid yourselves, when Mesa tanks, JO is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

As much as I'd like to see JO out of work, homeless and offering oral sex for a pint of Thunderbird...

Wow, I needed that laugh today!

But I agree, I'd never wish ANY flight operation to go Tango Uniform, simply because it would put good people on the street. Would also saturate the job hunting market.

Back