GoJet-serous question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on this observation I would wager my month's earnings that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yea? I'd wager that you work there and you feel the need to justify it here for some reason. Hmm...

Good luck getting that jumpseat!!

Don't listen to PCL_128, he's done as much damage to the profession by PFJ'ing at Gulfstream as he claims the guys at GoJet are doing.

A base out of ORD...Union...and a two year upgrade with the state of the industry. Doesn't sound to bad for me. The rumors about jumpseating are a joke...send in a resume and see what happens.

If your desire is to grow in this industry, don't go!! While my captains have never denied them rides on the js, much of the time they'll get the lecture.

A base out of ORD...Union...and a two year upgrade with the state of the industry. Doesn't sound to bad for me. The rumors about jumpseating are a joke...send in a resume and see what happens.

Hahah, are not rumors. Had a GoJet pilot get denied the jumpseat right in front of me on a Frontier flight before he even got on the jetway, plus side is I got to go on.
That Captain said he will not let any GJ pilot jumpseat, when we were talking at cruise.

But do what you have to do to get behind that shiny CRJ-700. Fly8slep had to stab the rest of his brothers and sisters in the back after getting furloughed from TSA.

Only when GoJet gets stapled to the bottom of the TSA seniority list will things change.

First off, if you have under 1000 total time, I wouldn't be complaining about not being able to get an airline job. There's a reason that GoJet is pretty much the only airline hiring right now...and that should tell you something. There are still instructing jobs to be had out there. I think instructing for a while until other opportunities show up is a much better idea than working for an airline that could even *potentially* make it harder to get hired at a major.

There are several former GoJet guys at my current airline who can verify the difficulty in getting a jumpseat. I've witnessed it firsthand from three feet away.

It's hard enough to get hired at a legacy carrier...do you really want to risk making it even more difficult?

Who cares? Is ALPA really that good?
It's not even the airline pilot union of IBT. IBT Local 747 refused to represent them.

They're represented by IBT Local 618 which also represents Freight Carriers, Auto Dealerships, Tank Haulers, Rent-a-Car Services, Part Houses, Dial Corporation, Parking Garages, Towing Companies, Service Stations, Chemical Companies, Tire & Rubber Industries and many others*.

*From their website.

It's not even the airline pilot union of IBT. IBT Local 747 refused to represent them.

They're represented by IBT Local 618 which also represents Freight Carriers, Auto Dealerships, Tank Haulers, Rent-a-Car Services, Part Houses, Dial Corporation, Parking Garages, Towing Companies, Service Stations, Chemical Companies, Tire & Rubber Industries and many others*.

*From their website.

And once again I say who cares if its not the airline part? I personally think ALPA is a joke...they are just good at buying lunch for pilots that they are trying to get to join. What have they done for wages and QoL? The extra money you get from them just goes to pay your dues anyway.

And once again I say who cares if its not the airline part? I personally think ALPA is a joke...they are just good at buying lunch for pilots that they are trying to get to join. What have they done for wages and QoL? The extra money you get from them just goes to pay your dues anyway.

Wow, umm, they've saved my turkey on a number of occasions.

Spend a little more time in the profession and if you still feel it's a, what was the word you used, "joke" I'll give you a dollar.

Look at the pay and bennies of gojet and then of tsa, eagle, comair and most of the other ALPA regionals...I can see the improvement of PAY and QoL that you guys speak of especially in TSA's contract.:sarcasm:

Just because this industry treats its employees like crap doesn't mean we should latch on to a sub-par union because its the only thing we have. We really need to strive for much better then ALPA...I am not saying that Teamsters is it...however its very aggravating when many think ALPA is the be all end all savior of aviation.

Perhaps you should get some experience before you start lecturing a bunch of air line pilots about union issues. Your role on this thread should be one of reading and trying to learn something.

Perhaps you should get some experience before you start lecturing a bunch of air line pilots about union issues. Your role on this thread should be one of reading and trying to learn something.

I was working for CommutAir (as a F/A) while they were pushing ALPA through. I saw a lot of things a disliked and did not agree with. What will they do for the CommutAir pilot's? Probably a increase in pay that will just be offset by union dues. They might finally get payed DH's or block or better...but do you really think that Teamsters couldn't do that. I know you are very PRO-ALPA <.....> You have your opinion and I have mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back