Colorado Springs / Denver Opportunities?

NewYorkophile

Fly Casual
Hi everyone,

I'm was curious if anyone knows of the prospects for the Colorado area. I saw the websites for the various Jet Centers in the region, but they didn't hint much on employment information.

Thanks for anything you have.

I had a contact in Denver a few years ago, but the guy that I "knew" him through, died. I've heard the Denver corporate market it tough to break into. Good luck!

Denver is BRUTAL to find a job in. I had to move away after 6 months of ZERO success in finding a job, even with a year's worth of Learjet time. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

I lived in the Denver area almost all of my life, but I knew that I had to move away from there to start my aviation career. I might try to come back someday, but there are MUCH better opportunities for entry/mid-level stuff elsewhere. I wouldn't even want to flight instruct there.

Some guys stuck it out, but there QOL is terrible.

Heck, havent had any luck looking for CFI jobs in Denver either much less charter / 135 jobs. The problem I have is I signed a lease here in DEN and after I get furloughed I probably will still have 3 months or so left.

SoCal, Teterboro, Dallas, and South Florida seem to be the places I've seen most job opportunities.

Agreed, those are great places to start out. If you're a hard worker and keep an eye out for any and all opportunities, you'll find some good stuff in those areas.

Dallas can be tough to crack for a F/O. Much better than Denver, though. Denver is tough. If I ever got the opportunity I'd move back in a heartbeat.

I think everywhere is going to be real though with the economy as it is. As always though, it's who you know not what you know and being in the right place at the right time. It may be cliche, but it's so true it's ridiculous.

Back