PUBNAT2......What you should know.

ptrckturner

So, everyone wants to circumvent the bureaucratical process of being an ATC applicant.....Here's how you can start;

Basically call the tower manager if your terminal of your first and second GEO preferences. It could be more complicated depending on your Geo preferences. I am a terminal only guy. So, if your Enroute it could be a different story b/c they just finished their panels. If you are both Terminal and Enroute options. Start with your Tower managers FIRST. Then Enroute Facilities.

Truth is you don't have to know any one or have a "contact" or any other horse#### like that. All you need is a little persistence and tact. Start calling the managers in your top geo Preferences and you WILL probably find the info your looking for.

I am not saying everyone will have 100% success. I am sure some people won't get what they're looking for. But I think for the most part it will work...It did for me.

Good luck everyone.

I have been in contact with a manager at a tower I am trying to get too.. He has been very helpful.

No Disrespect intended, but listen, and then listen more....

<................>

It is a bit late. But, that's why you can find out where you stand; And Quickly!........Were all getting close to that Kingdom at the end of the Yellow Brick Road, Some are getting further, MOST are getting closer only to find that Mirage and realize there is much more hard work ahead.

<.............>

The Op has confused me. I would like to say....if you are in a later pubnat..don't be afraid to call around before geoprefs are sent out to get an idea of who is getting trainees.

They seem to all be turning "strange" the last few days. Strange aggression and wandering thoughts. Odd PEPC "job offers" and such... Maybe it's this crazy anticipation making us all loco? I'm still calling my tower today to see if I can't figure out any new info.

Here's to being a bit off our rockers for the next few weeks...

The Op has confused me. I would like to say....if you are in a later pubnat..don't be afraid to call around before geoprefs are sent out to get an idea of who is getting trainees.

Ok,

First sorry for being an • to anyone earlier......I feel like I have been taking crazy pills waiting to learn where the heck I am going. Just to clarify I am a PUB NAT2 App. So just like I said earlier. Light those dang phones up and shake some trees. My technique worked.

I am headed to So CAL TRACON.......I hope you guys find what your looking for.

I assume he means call around to see where you may be headed, even though he never clarified. Pat, perhaps you should elaborate before insinuating someone else is incapable of performing this job.

I assume he means call around to see where you may be headed, even though he never clarified. Pat, perhaps you should elaborate before insinuating someone else is incapable of performing this job.

Yeah I know, My bad. Just to clarify, call around.

So, everyone wants to circumvent the bureaucratical process of being an ATC applicant.....Here's how you can start;

Basically call the tower manager if your terminal of your first and second GEO preferences. It could be more complicated depending on your Geo preferences. I am a terminal only guy. So, if your Enroute it could be a different story b/c they just finished their panels. If you are both Terminal and Enroute options. Start with your Tower managers FIRST. Then Enroute Facilities.

Truth is you don't have to know any one or have a "contact" or any other horse#### like that. All you need is a little persistence and tact. Start calling the managers in your top geo Preferences and you WILL probably find the info your looking for.

I am not saying everyone will have 100% success. I am sure some people won't get what they're looking for. But I think for the most part it will work...It did for me.

Good luck everyone.

What did you say when you got the manager on the phone?

This whole thread is irrelevant at this point since they sent e-mails shortly after saying where we each would be going.

Back