CJC to make money at 145 oil. Q's deferred till spring 2010

Re: CJC to make money at 145 oil. Q's deferred till spring 2

Doesn't their being profitable depend entirely on ticket prices? Or are the Saab's a CPA airplane? If so wouldn't they always be profitable?

Doesn't their being profitable depend entirely on ticket prices? Or are the Saab's a CPA airplane? If so wouldn't they always be profitable?

Yes and no. Yields, costs and also subsidies from EAS markets make a diff too. Saabs are not CPA's

Uhhhhh old news? Look at the date posted on the link.

The Qs are being deffered so that we can get the newer model due out in 2010.

yeah old news. The number of saabs has changed since then.

I don't know how Bombardier can possibly stretch a Dash 8 any longer, but I'm no engineer so what do I know. Will be interesting to see.

BTW, anyone look at CO EWR Q flying for January? No more SYR, PWM, IAD, CMH, MYR, and less of other cities currently served. Anyone know what's the plan?

I don't know how Bombardier can possibly stretch a Dash 8 any longer, but I'm no engineer so what do I know. Will be interesting to see.

BTW, anyone look at CO EWR Q flying for January? No more SYR, PWM, IAD, CMH, MYR, and less of other cities currently served. Anyone know what's the plan?

Well, IAD and SYR will definately be served by CommutAir, and it wouldn't suprise me if they did PWM as well. MYR is very seasonal and there is always quite a bit of slowdown for the winter (I think they reduce to saturday only). Not sure about CMH. Our schedules have been changing month to month, and they probably are in the process of figuring out what they want to do before publishing the final schedule. I wouldn't worry too much.

Uhhhhh old news? Look at the date posted on the link.

The Qs are being deffered so that we can get the newer model due out in 2010.

True but, important news to get out as middle managers inform pilots that growth is going to be curbed due to ALPA.
Important for people who don't do research to see those statements as anti union opportunism.

We can lose all those cities for all I care but NOT PWM!! I try to have at least 1 PWM overnight every trip because I just hop in my car and drive home for the night or have the wife stay at the hotel with me. Not to mention that is the nicest hotel we stay in.

I never want to lose flying but the Q has been very successful and I know that we wouldnt be technically losing flying. If you also look ahead into Dec you will see new routes added such as BOS and who knows what else is going to come our way. I doubt they would just start cutting our routes in half. Maybe commutair is the best thing since peanut butter and jelly in the same jar and is making much more than us in their 2 days that they decided to ditch us..who knows.

We can lose all those cities for all I care but NOT PWM!! I try to have at least 1 PWM overnight every trip because I just hop in my car and drive home for the night or have the wife stay at the hotel with me. Not to mention that is the nicest hotel we stay in.

PWM rocks. Great hotel.

It used to be our best overnight (or close to it) until AWAC and Republic took over that flying.

If you also look ahead into Dec you will see new routes added such as BOS and who knows what else is going to come our way. I doubt they would just start cutting our routes in half.

yeah, I heard DCA and BOS daily turns were supposedly starting up in Dec. Although I am outstation, so I have no idea what we will be doing.

ps. you mean the YUL hotel isn't the best one we stay at?! (haha)

Yea, I meant YUL with its great proximity to.....Tim Hortons and a Subway and....thats about it. In the luxurious industrial district of Montreal.

PWM is still on there with 4 flights a day, IAD is going to Commutair, SYR is being reduced as some flights are going to Commutair but there's still a morning turn, CMH is still on there but down to a turn a day, and MYR is no longer on the schedule.

Guess what, you're exactly right. The date I did my search on was a weekend. :)

:nana2:I heard from middle management that we are going to open a base somewhere in Florida and do some island flying. Maybe the reduced flying in Newark will open up enough Q's for 3 or 4 planes down there?:nana2::sarcasm:

But in all seriousness I had some safety guy from Colgan jumpseating back from PWM the other day. He is one of the guys that has to go out to every station when they open, he made it sound like a daily Boston schedule is a deffinite, and said he wasn't sure where else, but his impression was we will be doing shuttles elsewhere, but wasn't saying where. Same guy was saying how we need a union so scheduling stops treating us like crap. Seemed like a nice guy.

PWM is still on there with 4 flights a day, IAD is going to Commutair, SYR is being reduced as some flights are going to Commutair but there's still a morning turn, CMH is still on there but down to a turn a day, and MYR is no longer on the schedule.

Hallelujah on no more MYR!! I HATE working those flights--and not because they're the longest flight we have. :rolleyes:
Oh and I agree on PWM hotel. I stayed there for the first time Wednesday and again Friday night....
Hopefully, BOS will be an overnight eventually!!!!:nana2:

MYR on a Q? How long is that flight?

Back