Call the Sahara Now......

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
I just checked Travelocity (Thanks Bigey) and saw these rates:

jep-albums-flying-pictures-what-else-picture581-sahara.jpg

I called the hotel reservation line and they matched the rates.....

I just checked Travelocity (Thanks Bigey) and saw these rates:

jep-albums-flying-pictures-what-else-picture581-sahara.jpg

I called the hotel reservation line and they matched the rates.....
Again I called the Sahara and asked about these rates. For those non-smokers or those who don't care either way, those rates are for smoking rooms only! Non-smoking rooms are still at the NJC rate.

Again I called the Sahara and asked about these rates. For those non-smokers or those who don't care either way, those rates are for smoking rooms only! Non-smoking rooms are still at the NJC rate.

Call again. I got a non-smoking room for that price. :buck:

They're dumping inventory. Can't imagine too many people making last minute fun vacations to Vegas this year.

Okay, I called again and spoke to a supervisor. The rooms for the group rate are all in the same tower/floor. The rooms at the $39.00 rate are rooms that have not been remodeled and are in a different tower. I got a lower rate of $47 for the room I currently have. Which is still cheaper than the group rate after taxes. As soon as I get paid on Friday I'm going to book for Saturday night too!:nana2:

I think I might make a low ball offer for Saturday night and see where I can stay. Might be cool to stay somewhere nicer for a night.

I called and got the lower rate too!
From $55 per night to $36.48 per night - not a bad deal.
But I was warned that I was "no longer associated with the group" in the eyes of the hotel management.
Oh well.
But at least I can afford a couple more drinks now :nana2:

The rooms in the tower with everyone else....
We're stickin with the group rooms. I called last night to change rates for our reservation and they gave me a $47 rate which is cheaper than the group rate, but we're still in the group rate rooms/tower. That's for the Delux non smoking rooms. Smoking might get you a tad cheaper rate than $47.

The rooms in the tower with everyone else....

Come on people....The hotel isn't that big. With the amount of walking that will occur what's a trip across the hotel lobby gonna take.....:panic: Besides I heard that JC bunch is kind of rowdy. A room away from them may provide some peace and relaxation.....:D

Come on people....The hotel isn't that big. With the amount of walking that will occur what's a trip across the hotel lobby gonna take.....:panic: Besides I heard that JC bunch is kind of rowdy. A room away from them provide some peace and relaxation.....:D
As long as it doesn't end up like Tailhook 91' we'll b just fine!:D

I just got around to calling and was given a rate of $37 for a standard room in the Tunis Tower, which is the older one with 14 floors. With tax and other fees it comes to a grand total of $46.33 a night.

Back