"Pubnat" Questions......

oresama420

Hello all,

I just had a couple of questions, unless I am mistaken the latest "Pubnat" was on 8/31 for Pubnat 6 yes? Does anyone know when the next "Pubnat" will be, this month of September perhaps? and just how many future "pubnat's" can we expect to see? (just curious on this last question, I understand it may be a difficult one for anyone to know for sure.) Many thanks for any and all assistance with any of the above.-

The last one was PUBNAT6, which closed at the end of August... we thought there would be another for September, but it seems that there probably won't be. We have no idea when the next one will be out now.

unless I am mistaken the latest "Pubnat" was on 8/31 for Pubnat 6 yes?

Yes, PUBNAT6 closed on August 31. The applications are open for around two weeks, but since everything goes in together in one batch, you'll just hear the end date mentioned around here.

Does anyone know when the next "Pubnat" will be, this month of September perhaps? and just how many future "pubnat's" can we expect to see? (just curious on this last question, I understand it may be a difficult one for anyone to know for sure.)

That's a great question, and one that you won't get a good answer to. You'll start to see throughout the application process that the FAA is anything but consistent when it comes to figuring out their timing.

Based upon the past, most of us here had guessed that we would see PUBNAT7 open up last week. There has been six so far this year -- one back in February, two in May, and then one each in June, July and August. We figured that the FAA was just starting to get into a monthly hiring rhythm, but the past three PUBNATs started around mid-month and we're at Sep. 23 with nothing new listed.

To make a long story short: Nobody really knows. You -could- try calling the FAA career line, but you'll often get varied answers from them. People here will guess to no end (myself included), but we're just basing it on what we've seen in the past, which isn't necessarily a good prediction of what they'll do in the future.

But, if it's a silver lining, they'll always do things in the same order -- it's just the timing that changes. So if you find yourself getting impatient or frustrated with the wait, you can at least take advantage of the advice here and over at www.stuckmic.com, which is another good site for getting applicants prepared.

Good luck.

Back