Realistic odds on PEPC invites?

moulds80

I know it is impossible to know for sure but does anyone have a guess at the realistic odds are of being selected to the PEPC interviews after scoring a 95+ on the AT-SAT and making the referral list? I know it depends partly on geographic preferences and things, but it seems like everyone here on PUBNAT2 made the referral list, so I wonder how many will actually make the next step ,or if the hiring crisis is so significant that everyone made the referral list because everyone has a great shot at the PEPC. Has anyone on PUBNAT1 scored above a 95 here and not made it to PEPC?

No clue on the odds, I thought you were picked based on the last digits of your social security number to continue on. I scored decent on it and my buddy who has a military controller background did piss poor and he still made it to through all pre-employment and to OKC before me. Guess his social was a higher number.

You have to be selected from the referal list. Not everyone that gets selected for the referal gets picked. When you do you will be notified then you will get a PEPC invite. Think about it this way....

-Person.Score A.100 B.100 C.93 All chose ZFW (Forth Worth Center)

-ZFW only needs 2 people.

-They look at all the people that applied for ZFW and review their resumes and AT-SAT scores
They decide to take the 2 people that made 100 and those 2 people get notification that they have been selected for ZFW and are then invited to attend a PEPC.

-The third person gets a notice that they have not been selected for referal and thank you for interest and please keep checking back....

-This does not mean that person 3 is out it means that they may be selected for their other geo pref or for ZFW at a later date.

Towers and Tracons are not taking as many people as EnRoute facilities so the chances of getting those will decrease as the hiring process goes on. But there is no guarantee that all the people will, 1. pass Academy, although it seems that people are doing very well there or 2. make CPC. So there are still many possibilities.

The theory of the SSN has been dissproved by realiable sources. It really just depends on how many people applied for your geo pref and how many people they need and then how you scored your AT-SAT.

Now if you applied for Nowhere North Dakota and you scored a 73 and no one else applied, then you may get hired right off the bat.

Keep in mind that not everyone who has applied for ATC is not on this web site. I just found out yesterday that there are 2 others going to my facility that will be starting the Academy and they are not on here so I had no clue whatsoever. So if they say that a facility needs 30 and you only know of 10 it doesn't neccessarily mean there are 20 positions open.

Well this is long enough. I hope it helps. You will learn a lot from being on here and I have come to think I may need a 12 step program to deal with the withdrawl once I no longer feel the need to depend on you guys for support in the waiting process...Thanks again to everyone for that!!!!

Ive been told they also like pilot exsperience. They might not pass on a lower at-sat score if they have all their ratings. It also mostly plays into your geo preference. But nobody knows even 50% of how they truly select people.

So take anything I say or anyone else with a grain of salt.

The theory of the SSN has been dissproved by realiable sources. It really just depends on how many people applied for your geo pref and how many people they need and then how you scored your AT-SAT.

Now if you applied for Nowhere North Dakota and you scored a 73 and no one else applied, then you may get hired right off the bat.

Keep in mind that not everyone who has applied for ATC is not on this web site. I just found out yesterday that there are 2 others going to my facility that will be starting the Academy and they are not on here so I had no clue whatsoever. So if they say that a facility needs 30 and you only know of 10 it doesn't neccessarily mean there are 20 positions open.

Well this is long enough. I hope it helps. You will learn a lot from being on here and I have come to think I may need a 12 step program to deal with the withdrawl once I no longer feel the need to depend on you guys for support in the waiting process...Thanks again to everyone for that!!!!

Oh I know the social thing probably isn't true :D, I was being funny because there is no real way to determine who can get what. The part about my friend scoring piss poor and getting to the academy was true though. Just because you score high on the AT-SAT doesn't mean they will be beating down your door to get you. And as a matter of fact I did apply to North Dakota and didn't hear any thing back :(

Run these odds:

Well qualified, referral list, comment box:anywhere!

Spurs by 5, paying 3-2.

...really, though, nobody here is a hub manager, so you're just going to get guesses. Given that the process has been different for every group this year, any prediction beyond what's already been said is just someone making stuff up. You'll have to be content with the obvious: get a good AT-SAT score, submit a strong app, and do your best to pick places that have openings.

No clue on the odds, I thought you were picked based on the last digits of your social security number to continue on. I scored decent on it and my buddy who has a military controller background did piss poor and he still made it to through all pre-employment and to OKC before me. Guess his social was a higher number.

Actually what i heard for this case specifically above it military, and other special get first shot, then it does down, then the people who took the classes from the accredited colleges, then everyone else.

Actually what i heard for this case specifically above it military, and other special get first shot, then it does down, then the people who took the classes from the accredited colleges, then everyone else.

i just took my AT-SAT test and i was talking with one of the guys from robinson avaition afterwards. he said that as long as you scored will qualified they go for veterans first than CTI grads than it goes by your score if you dont fall into one of thoes catigories. he also said that from the last selection only veterans were hired. this is how he explainded it to me in his own words "if you are a veteran and you score a 85% and the the guy next to you is not and he scores a 100% it dosen't matter the veteran will get picked first as long as they scored well qualified, which shouldn't be hard because veterans get an extra 5-10 points on the test.

when i heard that i was so relieved. i hope this info helps any other vets out there.

i just took my AT-SAT test and i was talking with one of the guys from robinson avaition afterwards. he said that as long as you scored will qualified they go for veterans first than CTI grads than it goes by your score if you dont fall into one of thoes catigories. he also said that from the last selection only veterans were hired. this is how he explainded it to me in his own words "if you are a veteran and you score a 85% and the the guy next to you is not and he scores a 100% it dosen't matter the veteran will get picked first as long as they scored well qualified, which shouldn't be hard because veterans get an extra 5-10 points on the test.

when i heard that i was so relieved. i hope this info helps any other vets out there.

That is good to know. I had no idea vets got extra points on the test. I just took the test on 9/19 a few days ago. I'll have my score soon. But thanks for the info.

I don't think vets are given points on the test... I think our overall applications are converted into some kind of point system and vets get the 5-10 points on that... not the AT-SAT. Someone correct me if that's wrong.

Correct, veterans do not get extra points on the test, but the point system is used to determine their application preference. Is anyone else disappointed the PEPC invited did not come out Monday? Hopefully they will come out soon. This process is so drawn out and unknown to us I scored above a 95, have a Bachelor’s degree and several years of quality work experience but still feel like a long shot for a PEPC invite since it seems like there are so many candidates. We will see how it goes, my current job is good but ATC seems like something I could be proud to do the rest of my career.

oh dont be so negative... i am 19 with only 1 semester of college exp. and about 3 ok yrs of work experience under my belt..I honestly only had 14 hrs worth of studying before i took the test and I got 100 on AT-SAT. i like to think i have a good shot at gettin invited.. i am still pretty young and i learn super quick! you just gotta be optimistic :)...im sure you'll get invite

oh dont be so negative... i am 19 with only 1 semester of college exp. and about 3 ok yrs of work experience under my belt..I honestly only had 14 hrs worth of studying before i took the test and I got 100 on AT-SAT. i like to think i have a good shot at gettin invited.. i am still pretty young and i learn super quick! you just gotta be optimistic :)...im sure you'll get invite

From what I hear from a local controller, they tend to value work experience over college experience. I'm almost 100% certain I didn't get a 100 on the AT-SAT, but I'm hoping that I scored OK, and that my work experience AND college experience will help me get a foot in the door.

Back