Hijacking Laws Prior to 9/11

Was it the law to to comply with hijackers demands before 9/11?

No such law ever existed before or after 9/11. There is still no law that dictates what we do. There was, however, something called the "Common Strategy" that we all learned. I won't go into it here.

No such law ever existed before or after 9/11. There is still no law that dictates what we do. There was, however, something called the "Common Strategy" that we all learned. I won't go into it here.

That's what I thought. A law like that would be ludicrous. Just settling an argument.

this really happend-

An aircrew accidentally squawked 7500. Evidently some transponders have a memory button to quickly put in 1200, well some pilot reprogramed it to 7500. It was accidentally pushed mid air. Upon landing the airplane was told to taxi to the unpopulated area of the airport. The unknowing flight crew was puzzled. Once parked the captain opened the door and was met by law enforcement. The first thing the officer said to the captain was blink if you need armed intervention. LOL can you imagine what that captain must have been thinking?

Was it the law to to comply with hijackers demands before 9/11?

Never a "law," but Common Strategy 1 recommended complying with hijacker demands. There was no effort to keep them from accessing the cockpit. The basis for the strategy was that the hijackings in the past, primarily during the '70s, were all just attempts by hijackers to get to Cuba or some other destination. No one ever imagined that they'd take our airplanes from us and fly them into buildings. Common Strategy 2 is now taught, and it's SSI, so I won't get into it here.

Back