Attendance at NJC

teetee

My husband and I both want to come down to Network JC. I would gladly welcome the "short" drive for a few days of relaxation. We were going to register then we realized that we would not have anyone to watch our children and taking them isn't an option unless my cousin is able to babysit (still haven't gotten word back on that).

If we choose to register in the late section to save the few $$, then we are unable to make it, can we transfer our registration? I have 2 brother-in-laws and a father-in-law that would like to attend but 1 doesn't know if he can get work off, the other it will depend cause he is on Reserve and the other is a beck and call pilot (works for a rich person and if they decide on a whim they want to go here or there...he gets called into work when he doesn't think there is a flight planned). Those 3 don't want to register until they really know if they can attend or not. If we can't go and they can, would they be able to save the little bit $$ registration fee and take our place?

Next question, my husband would like to do some ATC and flight seminar stuff. Is the ATC workshop going to be going? His attendance at the NJC would actually give him college credits so we are definitely trying to make it work! :nana2:

I have read the story on Captain Al and I would LOVE to hear it in person. That is the biggest reason I want to go.

What would the best seminars be for my husband who is a PPL with about 70 hours and no plans for being a career pilot (may eventually get CFI for fun and MAYBE some extra $$$). My husband has a TOL (Tentative Offer Letter) with the FAA to be an ATC in SLC. He wanted to attend classes that would help with that as well, if there are going to be any.

Hope these questions make sense..if not let me know and I will clarify! THANKS!!

answer to the first question would be... no problem...if that does happen, i'd just need them to register on the website so i have all their information for hte contact list and sign up sheets.

No, we don't have any ATC things going on...not enough of an ATC group to promote something like that this year.

How is going to NJC helping him with college credits?? we're not affiliated with anyone...we don't do anything like continuing education or what not (i think there are rules/regulations to run a CE course?)... it's mostly a 2-3 day networking opportunity than anything else.

the only seminar we have going on is the roundtable session which is more of a pilot career thing. still might not be bad for him to attend if he's thinking of CFIing

there might be two or three other ATC people out there (members of the site). I know Bigey is one of them....I don't know the others.

But if he wants to network with pilots, then this would really benefit him.

We tried to get ATC more involved but with them having to bid vacations and time off a year ahead of time, it's hard for them to get the time to come out.

one of the things he might benefit from is the LAS Tower & Tracon tour which is Monday morning.

He has to go to a pilot related safety workshop. When he talked to his counselor they said they would accept the Al Haynes part as his workshop...hence he will get the 2 credits for it, we have to pay for the credits, but he gets them, and that is all that matters in the end!. He definitely wants to do the LAS Tower & Tracon tour. We will have more information by Friday of next week on what our situation will be as far as children. We will get signed up as soon as we can. I am excited to come and "crash the party" (since I have nothing to offer to anyone, just want to learn and definitely want to hear Al Haynes talk).

geez, that's awesome!!! i had no idea you could get college credits for something like that.

Back