With no contract is it easier for us to become privatized?

Re: With no contract is it easier for us to become privatize

privatization vs where we are now (assuming it is permanent) wouldnt bother me at all. ibflames.

the GA community would throw a fit, though.

I haven't read the contract, however... it'd probably be cheaper for the FAA without the contract. Generally there are many stipulations within a Union contract in the event of layoff/furlough/lack of work (which this would most likely be considered). If there were a contract, the further from the end date of the contract the more costly it generally is for the "Company" as they have to pay out considerable dollars as directed in the agreed contract. Does that make any sense?

In any case, it's not really that hard to "outsource" union work, but without a contract it's much cheaper to execute.

This is why I've mentioned numerous times, be cautious what you fight for and how hard you fight for it. Just because your job is part of a bargaining unit is no guarantee your job is safe. There needs to be give and take on both sides of the table. :)

I haven't read the contract, however... it'd probably be cheaper for the FAA without the contract. Generally there are many stipulations within a Union contract in the event of layoff/furlough/lack of work (which this would most likely be considered). If there were a contract, the further from the end date of the contract the more costly it generally is for the "Company" as they have to pay out considerable dollars as directed in the agreed contract. Does that make any sense?

That was kinda what I thought. It seems to me that privatizing is exactly what John McCain wants to do. I'm not saying I necessarily believe he would get in, but if so, that's bothersome that he feels that way.

I know ATC has been working without a contract now for over 700 days, and it seems like the government isn't exactly rushing to sign anything. Does it seem likely that we won't see a contract until after the election?

That was kinda what I thought. It seems to me that privatizing is exactly what John McCain wants to do. I'm not saying I necessarily believe he would get in, but if so, that's bothersome that he feels that way.

I know ATC has been working without a contract now for over 700 days, and it seems like the government isn't exactly rushing to sign anything. Does it seem likely that we won't see a contract until after the election?
FAA may not even have an operating budget until after the election.

Back