ATL question

AMH

Anybody officially know what they are developing on the approach end of 27L and also the departure end of 28.

I don't want to sound stupid or derail this thread, but how is it possible that in being here for less than 250 posts you have managed to not get along with somebody enough that you can't send them a PM to ask a question?

Not pointing fingers just at you really, but in general people's social (and internet social) skills really sort of suck these days.

Relax folks. He and I get along just fine and my internet social chi is in balance. Trust me if someone and I didn't get along, I wouldn't make it known on the interweb. Sometimes I forget to take myself seriously. It's kind of therapeutic. So. Consider yourselves "fished in". :buck:

If you are referring to the parcel of land between 28 and 27L that is where there is a proposal to build a new terminal. Check this out: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Default.asp?url=sublevels/airport_info/gmpage.htm Click on "Airport Construction" then "Projects Timeline".

Thanks, Joel.

PS. ATLTRACON, you're my boy!

Relax folks. He and I get along just fine and my internet social chi is in balance. Trust me if someone and I didn't get along, I wouldn't make it known on the interweb. Sometimes I forget to take myself seriously. It's kind of therapeutic. So. Consider yourselves "fished in". :buck:

Thanks, Joel.

PS. ATLTRACON, you're my boy!

Not a problem bro. I don't remember the construction at the approach end of 27L. Do you mean 27R? If so, that is probably the most graded piece of real estate in the state of Georgia :). They extended the taxiway there I guess in preparation for the new international terminal.

Not a problem bro. I don't remember the construction at the approach end of 27L. Do you mean 27R? If so, that is probably the most graded piece of real estate in the state of Georgia :). They extended the taxiway there I guess in preparation for the new international terminal.

I checked out the airport link you put up. The 27R construction is to accommodate more passengers and a new terminal like you said. Also, the construction to the left of the approach end of 10 looks like it will be called the 'south gate complex' in which approximately 31 gates will be added with some sort of train system to relocate the peeps to the main terminal.

There is some development going on around the 27L area near Inner Loop Rd. Only reason I know is because of the bus ride to the lot. I was just hoping it was another "loop" for the southside.

I think that is just the grading process that they are doing. Lot of dirt will need to be relocated along those hillsides going along the southeastern side of the complex where Loop Rd follows the complex.

That south complex terminal though. . .now that's really going suck. I don't like hoping off of 85N to get onto 285 to then go past the employee parking lot, then to do a 180 degree turn to get onto Loop Rd, and then make a right into the Lot. Nah, I like going on 85N, get off at the Riverdale Rd exit, turn right, turn left, and turn right, and then turn left into the lot.

That new terminal is going throw a wrench in my commute.

Lots of work has been going on at the old eastern hanger as well. Fine job of remodeling they're doing over there. You Acey folks should go check it out:D

I think that is just the grading process that they are doing. Lot of dirt will need to be relocated along those hillsides going along the southeastern side of the complex where Loop Rd follows the complex.

That south complex terminal though. . .now that's really going suck. I don't like hoping off of 85N to get onto 285 to then go past the employee parking lot, then to do a 180 degree turn to get onto Loop Rd, and then make a right into the Lot. Nah, I like going on 85N, get off at the Riverdale Rd exit, turn right, turn left, and turn right, and then turn left into the lot.

That new terminal is going throw a wrench in my commute.

Wait. You saying that the employee lot will be where the south complex lot is? I thought south complex was just an extra terminal.

I checked out the airport link you put up. The 27R construction is to accommodate more passengers and a new terminal like you said. Also, the construction to the left of the approach end of 10 looks like it will be called the 'south gate complex' in which approximately 31 gates will be added with some sort of train system to relocate the peeps to the main terminal.

There is some development going on around the 27L area near Inner Loop Rd. Only reason I know is because of the bus ride to the lot. I was just hoping it was another "loop" for the southside.

From what I recall reading way back when, the south gate complex is supposed to be a "regional" terminal, with the intent of keeping most of that traffic operating on 10/28. Knowing the cronies that run Atlanta and Hartsfield, it still remains to be seen if they actually hold to that plan or not.

From what I recall reading way back when, the south gate complex is supposed to be a "regional" terminal, with the intent of keeping most of that traffic operating on 10/28. Knowing the cronies that run Atlanta and Hartsfield, it still remains to be seen if they actually hold to that plan or not.

The latest plan, or so I've heard, for the Southern Terminal Complex, is to relocate the carriers with a relatively small footprint at ATL. Carriers like United, AA, Frontier, etc.

Back