XJet Planes in SHV getting Delta Colors??

ready2fly

Any insight into why there are a large number of XJet planes (both in the CAL and Branded scheme) getting new paint DAL paint jobs in SHV????

Saw that on Monday and thought I'd ask. Inquiring minds and all that.....

Clarification: In no way shape or form do I intend this thread as a flame war. If the reason has been posted recently, forgive me - I've been preoccupied lately with a new born. I honestly was intrigued and thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

You sure they're not there to get the paint removed or to be repainted in the appropriate livery?

Or were you seeing the Aquafresh getting painted over in Delta livery?

The October Fleet Update, released on 3 Sept 2008 shows a goose egg for ExpressJet's 145s.

SHV is one of our large maintenance bases. Those Branded and Delta airplanes are actually getting repainted into Continental colors. Which is sick and depressing... Oh well. I saw my first Branded repaint in Newark this week. It wasn't a good feeling.

SHV is one of our large maintenance bases. Those Branded and Delta airplanes are actually getting repainted into Continental colors. Which is sick and depressing... Oh well. I saw my first Branded repaint in Newark this week. It wasn't a good feeling.
Ah...okay. I got it backwards. :crazy: Thanks for the info.

I thought it was as I posted because the DAL paint jobs looked REALLY fresh and the CAL/Branded ones..... well... not so much.

(----->says the Eagle pilot who flew one of our WORST-looking CRJ's inot SHV that day. Damned thing looked spackled..... poorly. :buck: )

Oooh, I'll put our PCL planes up for an "ugliest paint" contest anyday. I wonder if we'd get 10-20 more TAS if they fixed the peeling paint.....

Oooh, I'll put our PCL planes up for an "ugliest paint" contest anyday. I wonder if we'd get 10-20 more TAS if they fixed the peeling paint.....

I agree.....you guys still have a bunch flying around in the old colors. Im guessing that they arent going to get painted anytime soon......

you should see our continental crj's. those look horrible. I know one of them, an old comair bird, you can see the red on the tail beginning to show. sad really.

Was it N507AE? That thing looks crappy. Every weld had paint removed for some test and then a color "close" to the original was dabbed on with a paint brush.

Was it N507AE? That thing looks crappy. Every weld had paint removed for some test and then a color "close" to the original was dabbed on with a paint brush.
That's the one. :crazy:

I was ashamed to be seen in it. I joked with the captain about writing it up. :D

Saw a bunch of XJT planes down in GLH last I was there. New paint schemes and when I was there non-stop touch and goes.

Looks like fun!:)

Fo' reals, the old planes have paint chipping away. It can compete with Fedex's unpainted UAL DC-10. just ugly!

Back