ATP SAC

ElephantPilot

Interested in going to Sacramento for ATP.
I have heard a few things about this particular location, but not enough.
Can anyone give me an update on this location?
What is the 90 program like here?
Transportation to the airport?
Appartments?
Instructor after the program?
Time?
How much "real" mutli time do you get?
how much multi "sim" is there?
Etc...
Thanks.

Interested in going to Sacramento for ATP.
I have heard a few things about this particular location, but not enough.
Can anyone give me an update on this location?
What is the 90 program like here?
Transportation to the airport?
Appartments?
Instructor after the program?
Time?
How much "real" mutli time do you get?
how much multi "sim" is there?
Etc...
Thanks.

5 instructors are here right now and we have a training center manager. Things are running smoothly and students are finishing quickly. It has been slow in terms of students so students are able to finish even quicker than 90 days if motivated.

The apartments are 5 minutes away from the airport and there is no transportation but you could possibly be able to sneak rides from other students.

The apartments are pretty nice however there are only two here at the moment so you are definitely going to have room mates.

Being an instructor here after the program depends on how regional hiring picks up. If the hiring at the airlines picks up then ATP will pick up but for now ATP has been slow to hire if at all.

You should get around 140 hours total time and roughly 130 multi-engine hours. You will also get 50 hours FTD time.

Shoot away if you have any other questions. SAC is nice.

5 instructors are here right now and we have a training center manager. Things are running smoothly and students are finishing quickly. It has been slow in terms of students so students are able to finish even quicker than 90 days if motivated.

The apartments are 5 minutes away from the airport and there is no transportation but you could possibly be able to sneak rides from other students.

The apartments are pretty nice however there are only two here at the moment so you are definitely going to have room mates.

Being an instructor here after the program depends on how regional hiring picks up. If the hiring at the airlines picks up then ATP will pick up but for now ATP has been slow to hire if at all.

You should get around 140 hours total time and roughly 130 multi-engine hours. You will also get 50 hours FTD time.

Shoot away if you have any other questions. SAC is nice.

Thanks for the information. Did you live in the appartments at SAC?
Which is better for the 90 day program in your opinion: Sacramento or Riverside?
Did you go into the program with all of your writtens already passed and done with?
How many hours did you have going into this?
Is there much group studying?
How much sim time do you get? If you need more, is that allowed?
regards.

Thanks for the information. Did you live in the appartments at SAC?
Which is better for the 90 day program in your opinion: Sacramento or Riverside?
Did you go into the program with all of your writtens already passed and done with?
How many hours did you have going into this?
Is there much group studying?
How much sim time do you get? If you need more, is that allowed?
regards.

I did live in the apartments and still do. They are nice and only 5 minutes from the airport and right next to a river. If you want to look them up on the internet they are named Shorepark at Riverlake.

Personally I like SAC but that is because I came here and am familiar with the area now. Riverside seems ok too but I can't really provide much insight. I prefer SAC a lot though because everyone gets along here really well and the students and instructors all become good friends. The comraderie is nice and I guess that answers your question about study groups as well. Everyone works together and the instructors are willing to answer questions any time even when at home (it may cost you a beer or two though :)).

I finished my IRA and CFII writtens before I got here but not everyone does. It will help a lot. You get sim time like crazy and if you need more it's there for you. The instructors are real willing to go the extra 5,280 feet (1 mile) if you need it here. :nana2: I also had about 120 hours time when I got here.

Hope that answers your questions!

Great. That more than answers my queston(s).
Now its just a matter of finishing up the rest of this school year and a couple summer classes and i hope to be out there in Nov. 09'.
I have been learning the IFR rating material, and also have been flying IFR at the FBO in town here, but its so expensive and drawn out. I flew my first ILS Ap. yesterday! It was awesome. A lot more fun then staring at your computer at Flight Simulator.:D

I did live in the apartments and still do. They are nice and only 5 minutes from the airport and right next to a river. If you want to look them up on the internet they are named Shorepark at Riverlake.

Personally I like SAC but that is because I came here and am familiar with the area now. Riverside seems ok too but I can't really provide much insight. I prefer SAC a lot though because everyone gets along here really well and the students and instructors all become good friends. The comraderie is nice and I guess that answers your question about study groups as well. Everyone works together and the instructors are willing to answer questions any time even when at home (it may cost you a beer or two though :)).

I finished my IRA and CFII writtens before I got here but not everyone does. It will help a lot. You get sim time like crazy and if you need more it's there for you. The instructors are real willing to go the extra 5,280 feet (1 mile) if you need it here. :nana2: I also had about 120 hours time when I got here.

Hope that answers your questions!

Back