Maybe you have an answer?

graz511

As I read about everyone receiving their auths for PUBNAT 4, I began to wonder why I didn't make the cut this time around. And it's not that I'm upset over not making it, but rather, I would like to know why.

After graduating from colleges I came in OTS and applied for PUBNAT 4 late, so late in fact, that I didn't have time to properly finish the ASAP application. Could that be the major factor, or am I simply under qualified?

I also applied for PUBNAT 5 and PUBAK (which like everyone else, got an email for) so I guess there is some hope. I was just wondering if people, more importantly, the ones who took their AT-SAT's, had their first applications turned down?

I can only assume that it was because you failed to properly fill out your application. It is an automated system, and by that it means if you don't fill it out properly there is a wide variety of things it will not even bother processing you for. Maybe with your new applications, something will happen, but not having info about your work experience or education, well it's all up in the air. My suggestion would be to be sure you're reading the directions thoroughly and applying by their rules to cover yourself. As for your first app though, if it was incomplete, the automated system isn't going to bother processing you.

I can only assume that it was because you failed to properly fill out your application. It is an automated system, and by that it means if you don't fill it out properly there is a wide variety of things it will not even bother processing you for. Maybe with your new applications, something will happen, but not having info about your work experience or education, well it's all up in the air. My suggestion would be to be sure you're reading the directions thoroughly and applying by their rules to cover yourself. As for your first app though, if it was incomplete, the automated system isn't going to bother processing you.

That's what I'm thinking, but I made sure to fill the proper forms, such as education and employment, but I just didn't have the time to fill it in as thoroughly as I wanted it to be. Thanks for your input.

I wouldn't worry. I put in a few states last year and didn't get picked, and it turned out to be a good thing becasue eventually I got the place I really wanted to go instead of settling for elsewhere. Just hang in there, the FAA has a lot of positions to fill.

Back