To my fellow Colgan Pilots

Seggy

To My Fellow Colgan Pilots:

It was one year ago this week that we fell four votes short of electing ALPA as our collective bargaining representative. Over that past year, every one of us has faced a moment in which we had no one to call to help solve a problem with management, felt alone in our pursuit to build a sustainable lifestyle at Colgan or watched Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. make decisions affecting Colgan pilots without hearing our collective voice. Those moments have caused all of us to think repeatedly about the lost opportunities of last year.

We have already begun a new effort to secure ALPA as our bargaining representative. We believe that ALPA is the best possible collective bargaining representative for the pilots of Colgan Air. The resources that they can provide to us and their influence on all aspects of our industry make the choice clear.

Many of you have already seen various ALPA pamphlets and Authorization for Representation cards at your base, or spoken with an Organizing Committee volunteer about the drive. ALPA has pledged their total support for our efforts, but building the foundation for a successful election and a unified pilot group must begin with the efforts of Colgan pilots like you and me.

Those of us signed below, along with many others, have pledged our time and efforts to ensure that all of your questions about representation are answered. Please contact me or any of the OC members listed below if you have not received an Authorization for Representation card, have any questions about representation or ALPA, or would like to have materials sent to you. If you would like to assist in the drive, please let one of us know.

We will also be hosting informational events with ALPA pilot volunteers on Monday, August 25 in IAD and Tuesday, August 26 in IAH. We hope you can join us.

We encourage you to learn all you can about ALPA and the many roles it plays in our industry. And remember: It is OUR Careers, OUR Choice, OUR Union.

In unity,

Captain John Antoniades
First Officer Charles Poston
Captain Mark Atchue
Captain Mark Que
Captain Benjamin Bray
Captain Vincent Rainaldo
Captain Scott Gates
First Officer David Schwartz
Captain Matt Green
Captain Mark Segaloff
First Officer Geoffrey Huppe
Captain Michael Wheeler
First Officer Kyra Ko
First Officer Mitchell White
Captain Matthew Malone
First Officer Carla Widman
Captain Timothy Newkirk
First Officer Todd Yero
Captain Barry Nomann
Captain Rizwan Zahid
Captain Brian Oakes
Captain Joe Zuffoletto

If anyone needs a card, let me know!

Everyone on that list needs to prepare for line checks and PC's!

Haha yeah, as soon as I get back to the sewer i'm gonna need to make sure i got all of my updates in. I'm not worried about the charts, but the fopp and cfm, man im clueless, it's a mess. Somehow I never get all the updates that other people get in their folders. lame.

Um, they mean Pinnacle Airlines, Corp, right? That's the holding company. Pinnacle Airlines, Inc is the airline I fly for.....

Um, they mean Pinnacle Airlines, Corp, right? That's the holding company. Pinnacle Airlines, Inc is the airline I fly for.....

Eh, if they had access to ALPA Legal that would have gotten caught.

Jeesh... I sound like Todd.:)

Everyone on that list needs to prepare for line checks and PC's!

I would think that this is a thing of the past. If I do a line check I could care less if you want to vote for ALPA, IBT, etc..I'm looking at your proficiency as a pilot. And if you ask me, I'll tell you what I think and why (i'm voting for ALPA) but that does not weigh into my check airman duties whatsoever. I'd like to think that this is the case for most of the check airmen I know, at least on the Saab side. Most know their job is to be professional, and most act that way. This is no longer the Colgan of old.

Just don't suck as a Pilot. :D

Captain John Antoniades
First Officer Charles Poston
Captain Mark Atchue
Captain Mark Que
Captain Benjamin Bray
Captain Vincent Rainaldo
Captain Scott Gates
First Officer David Schwartz
Captain Matt Green
Captain Mark Segaloff
First Officer Geoffrey Huppe
Captain Michael Wheeler
First Officer Kyra Ko
First Officer Mitchell White
Captain Matthew Malone
First Officer Carla Widman
Captain Timothy Newkirk
First Officer Todd Yero
Captain Barry Nomann
Captain Rizwan Zahid
Captain Brian Oakes
Captain Joe Zuffoletto

My utmost respect to every person on this list. You have all put yourselves on the line to benefit your fellow pilots and your profession. Bravo.

I would think that this is a thing of the past. If I do a line check I could care less if you want to vote for ALPA, IBT, etc..I'm looking at your proficiency as a pilot. And if you ask me, I'll tell you what I think and why (i'm voting for ALPA) but that does not weigh into my check airman duties whatsoever. I'd like to think that this is the case for most of the check airmen I know, at least on the Saab side. Most know their job is to be professional, and most act that way. This is no longer the Colgan of old.

Just don't suck as a Pilot. :D

agreed, i wouldn't give anyone a special line check based on how you vote. Most of us are voting for one union anyhow. I think those special colgan days are over. I agree, just don't suck as a pilot, lol.

Anyone who is targeted or receives a "special" line check after engaging in Union activity has a case against their company for discrimination. In fact, one of the ways to immunize yourself from the check airmen you KNOW are a..holes is to be a Union volunteer. You always have the ace up your sleeve that the Company is targeting you because of your Union activity.

I've been an ALPA volunteer for over 15 years and never had a single problem with the Training Department. Not that there's any linkage, but the higher visibility you are with the Union, the less the Company is apt to mess with you just for fear of a NLRB problem.

I'm pretty sure Seggy and the boys are not going to have a problem.

I was on the public list for our OC last year. Never had a problem at all. Hopefully it stays that way :)

Good luck on the upcoming drive! You have my support and best wishes!

Anyone who is targeted or receives a "special" line check after engaging in Union activity has a case against their company for discrimination. In fact, one of the ways to immunize yourself from the check airmen you KNOW are a..holes is to be a Union volunteer. You always have the ace up your sleeve that the Company is targeting you because of your Union activity.

I've been an ALPA volunteer for over 15 years and never had a single problem with the Training Department. Not that there's any linkage, but the higher visibility you are with the Union, the less the Company is apt to mess with you just for fear of a NLRB problem.

I'm pretty sure Seggy and the boys are not going to have a problem.

Agreed. I always considered training events to be a formality when I was a rep. Hell, most of the time on my initial Captain oral was spent BSing about union issues with the checkairman. The best protection you can have is being a rep (or OC member, in this case). ALPA will go to bat for any OC member who experiences retaliation from the company.

Back