Another crash...what is going on lately?

Accidents happen...It's never a good thing, and its something I wish we would see less often, but they do and always will happen...In my opinion, the advent of the internet and other mass communication forums will just increase our awareness to what has prolly been a pretty consistant accident rate for decades...

Anybody who has even a mild interest in aviation safety knows that rarely does a day go by without an accident or incident taking place somewhere. So it's not that more accidents are happening, you just hear about more of them due to the interwebs, etc. This one obviously hasn't made the national news--nor likely will it, given the Obama VP announcement--so unless you live locally, you wouldn't have heard about this one were it not for this website.

I don't know what to say so sad. Have a few hours in that plane and know the owner. God bless the families.

Anybody who has even a mild interest in aviation safety knows that rarely does a day go by without an accident or incident taking place somewhere. So it's not that more accidents are happening, you just hear about more of them due to the interwebs, etc. This one obviously hasn't made the national news--nor likely will it, given the Obama VP announcement--so unless you live locally, you wouldn't have heard about this one were it not for this website.

Your right about that. The facility chief just started posting the daily report of NMACs, accidents, OE/ODs, pilot deviations, etc. It's 5+ pages every day....

That is the worst one, with regards to loss of life, that has happened around this area in a long time. It was a medical staff (dermatology) that travels weekly to smaller communities. May they rest in peace and may God bless their families.

Back