Colgan Guys - Run ups and Repo Credit

v1valarob

Going from a scheduler to an FO, I know what kind of things you have to make happen and which ones are automatic. Yes, it seems like nothing at Colgan so far is automatic and everything has to be done by the crew themselves, but this one is one you HAVE to do yourselves.

Run-Ups and Repos will not be automatically put into your schedule. You HAVE to call scheduling and say "Hey, I did 3 run ups today." Do NOT let the company get something for free.

I have flown with 6 Captains in my short 2 1/2 weeks here at Colgan and with 4 of them I have done either Repos or Run-Ups that where NOT first flight of the day checks, they where extras. All 4 of these Captains forgot, or did not know to call scheduling to have them put in. 3 of them are newish street Captains who may not have realized, but 1 was my check airmen.

This month alone so far I have credited 3 hours in credit due to extras. Today alone we flew to SHD and had a problem. MX had us run up the plane to diagnose, and then had us run up after the MX guy fixed it. You bet your ass I called up and had 20 minutes worth of credit added in.

Again though, this stuff isnt automatic. You have to make the call, and when you do call, stay on the phone until its entered. Do not let them write it down and add it later, they will forget.

That's exactly right. You need to call and beg to get paid for work you've performed for the company. It's perfect for the company......imagine how much work is being done for free (beside the regular stuff we do for free :rolleyes:). It's also amazing to see how fast the credit disappears from your schedule when there is a change.....and how painfully slow (and many hoops to jump through) to get it returned. :mad::mad:

The kicker is, even after calling (s)crew scheduling to have the RU & Repos credited.....the credit accounting nazi will be through your schedule later in the month and remove all 'bonus' time anyway.

For the love of all things right in this world. WE NEED ALPA AND A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.

The Colgan pilot about to be canned because he's on the TSA watch list needs ALPA most of all.

Can somebody do something for that guy?

That's exactly right. You need to call and beg to get paid for work you've performed for the company. It's perfect for the company......imagine how much work is being done for free (beside the regular stuff we do for free :rolleyes:)..

I don't beg. I tell' em. :nana2:

Not sure who's doing it. This just started with our new overseers taking the reigns. I think C.T. is the one...don't know if she's got help or not.

Ahh ok. I talked to her a week ago. They did just lump all of the per diem and stuff onto her after the other lady left.

If they start taking credits out for this stuff, post it up here and we can see if there is a trend.

Back