Aviation college background
ATP Multi-Engine licenses
First Class Medical Certificate
Valid Passport
2000 hours total time
400 hours in jet
RVSM Certification.​

:crazy:

Sure its worth something if you want a job in aviation. But I think the point in not getting a degree in aviation is so you can have a backup job outside of aviation when things go south...

Maybe they require an aviation college background so the pilots will have limited options for leaving should the pay or working conditions deteriorate. :p

WOOOO HOOOO! Good luck. :rawk:

No degree is worthless. A degree gets you your first job, after that it is all experience and networking.

But...but....I'll have ten years of experience and networking before I finish...weird.

I like how it says, "background" and not degree. Does this mean a CFI at a college is background. Slush, your credits as well as mine are in vain. It's like knowing a bunch of things for just personal gain or clicking on the link below.

Maybe this could help all of us pay back those aviation degree loans. Knowledge is not useless but could come at a heavy price. Here is your chance to get out of dept.

click here for you aviation degree loan pay off.

GOOD LUCK! GET SMART!

I like how it says, "background" and not degree. Does this mean a CFI at a college is background. Slush, your credits as well as mine are in vain. It's like knowing a bunch of things for just personal gain or clicking on the link below.

Maybe this could help all of us pay back those aviation degree loans. Knowledge is not useless but could come at a heavy price. Here is your chance to get out of dept.

click here for you aviation degree loan pay off.

GOOD LUCK! GET SMART!

You sir, should know that my credits are quite diversified!

And I'll take a feww extra classes after graduation so that I'll have:
A Bachelor Degree
An Associate Degree
Two "Cetificates"

Then it's on to grad school.

I'll have an Associates in Arts and a bachelors in professional flight.

I can always go back and throw in a communications major (usually a 3yr. degree)

Well sir, that is good to know. We should catch up when you are done. I would like to find out where you are at and how it helped you after you finish up the few extra classes. Will you ever stop taking classes? All BS aside. Where do you really want to be? Aviation? I believe you chances are better if you apply at the same company you really want to work for for 4 years rather than spending more money in school on other plan B scenarios. Dig deeper and deeper for something you may really not want to do. College does not validate our lives much at this time. Who you know, is what it is about. Best of luck.

There was also a large 121 cargo outfit that was posted and it said Aviation Degree preferred.

There was also a large 121 cargo outfit that was posted and it said Aviation Degree preferred.

Cool. Well, I figured I'd have all my bases covered.
Aviation, Business, Aviation Business, and if all else fails....Music Recording. :)

Cool. Well, I figured I'd have all my bases covered.
Aviation, Business, Aviation Business, and if all else fails....Music Recording. :)

A local young CFI is quitting to go drill oil somewhere...I guess there's always that. :)

Slush,

Music recording is a good idea for plan B though it could get to be a big overhead expense. I play music and was thinking about leasing a building, sound proofing 8-10 rooms in it, and renting the rooms at a monthly rate for bands to practice at any hour. You could also have a recording studio within the building if you want to spend time there. It would not be a paid by the hour job if you didn't have the studio and you could also fly as long as the rent is coming in. You don't need a Business degree to think of good ideas how to make money either just common sense, willing to take the risk, and investments.

As far as a degree goes ...it is over rated and like flogging a dead horse. From my experience it only helps me answer questions on cash cab. BTW...:banghead: Don't call me sir. I'm not old enough to be your Dad. You are a brother from a different mother :rolleyes:. Understand I'm not trying poop on your party here, do as you will.

Happy trails to you.

Back