Security Clearance Interview

That didn't happen to me, I spoke to my HR rep and she said I was all set in that regard. It might be something on your check b/c I had an interview at the PEPC with someone about stuff they found on my credit report. So its probably something similar, or a lot of tickets, or something along those lines. Is there anything like that in your security? Or maybe one of your references had something similar and they wanted to talk about it? Not sure dude.

I got a call from a guy that works for the OPM. He was really cool... met me a McDonalds and bought me a drink even! All I did was sign 2 papers for 2 accounts that the FAA wanted to look at that was on my credit report. He then asked me to explain the accounts so he could tell them what they were about.... and said that they would simply get some basic information from the creditors. He then talked my ear off about how there are some idiot people out there who hide stuff from the government and ended up getting caught-- he was still really nice and very interesting.

It was really painless and quick... plus I got to see a real Federal badge for the first time in my life.

Thanks for the replies. I have a discharged bankruptcy, but I have been open and honest about it. At this point anything like this may cause me to stress a little bit. It would suck to get disqualifed at this point in the process especially after all the money spent on plane tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars. Thanks for putting my mind at ease a little bit.

Thanks for the replies. I have a discharged bankruptcy, but I have been open and honest about it. At this point anything like this may cause me to stress a little bit. It would suck to get disqualifed at this point in the process especially after all the money spent on plane tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars. Thanks for putting my mind at ease a little bit.

The bankruptcy is almost certainly what flagged it -- but if you're honest and it's been a while, I wouldn't worry. Having known a few people in federal jobs requiring security clearance, the gov't just likes to make sure they've looked over everything thoroughly (especially post-9/11).

The bankruptcy is almost certainly what flagged it -- but if you're honest and it's been a while, I wouldn't worry. Having known a few people in federal jobs requiring security clearance, the gov't just likes to make sure they've looked over everything thoroughly (especially post-9/11).

Actually, I have a chapter 7 bankruptcy, and they didn't even check it out.... mine was discharged in August 2006...

So, tell me a little bit about your "internship" with the Senator? Is there any connection with the $20k per year you've been receiving in money transfers for the past 3 years?

senator_pink_scandal.jpg

I had the 2 FBI agents show up at my door step. I was off working so they interviewed my sister and brother-in-law. I have not heard anything from then and that was three weeks ago. ????????

I had the 2 FBI agents show up at my door step. I was off working so they interviewed my sister and brother-in-law. I have not heard anything from then and that was three weeks ago. ????????

Are you sure they were FBI agents? Typically the OPM investigators conduct the interviews pertaining to ATC. The FBI usually gets conducts their own FBI background checks and those who are seeking a cabinet positon like secretary of state, press secretary, or anyone close to the president.

Sorry I'm just tired of getting a clearance to hold at PHILS intersection with an EFC of 1 hour. Happened 5 times this week alone.

The first time we held and had to divert for more fuel. Then we took off and got the same holding clearance. So much for the ground flow control. :confused: But the controllers got us in before we had to divert again.

LOL. Got to love flying in the bad weather! I enjoy IFR:panic:

Random question - do the PEPC folks want a list of driving offenses? I have two minor speeding tickets from about 8 years ago. I can't even remember exactly what/when they were. Do I need this information?

Sorry I'm just tired of getting a clearance to hold at PHILS intersection with an EFC of 1 hour. Happened 5 times this week alone.

The first time we held and had to divert for more fuel. Then we took off and got the same holding clearance. So much for the ground flow control. :confused: But the controllers got us in before we had to divert again.

LOL. Got to love flying in the bad weather! I enjoy IFR:panic:

I would be on edge too, sounds like you need a beer or five

Confess, I did and I could not find anything on my official record. I had two speeding tickets 5 years ago.

But check the Clearance form, I believe it said to not include fines under $150 or something like that. My tickets were 300, I like to go fast!!:buck:

Confess, I did and I could not find anything on my official record. I had two speeding tickets 5 years ago.

But check the Clearance form, I believe it said to not include fines under $150 or something like that. My tickets were 300, I like to go fast!!:buck:

Dam....I'm in the same boat as you...I have had 9 sppeding tickets since 2002. I think my most expensive ticket in the last 7 years was right around $180 or so. Out of those 9 tickets only one is on my driving record. Beyond 7 years, I was going 40 over the speed limit on 287 in Mansfield. Thankfully the city of Mansfield had a cap on the amount a ticket can be. That particular ticket was $250....man that hurt...by they way that was in a dodge caravan!!! I laugh about it to this day.

Are they only concerned about tickets within the past 5 years? Or do they want everything since you started driving?

Are they only concerned about tickets within the past 5 years? Or do they want everything since you started driving?

I do not recall if it's the past 7 or 5 years but either way it is not your entire driving record history.

I have there cards FBI special agents!! U.S. office of Personnel Management- Federal Investigative services

Okay not to split hairs or anything, but those were not FBI agents. FBI is the Feberal Bureau of Investigation. The people who visited your home work for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) - they work on Federal Investigative cases. Big difference, one investigates crimes and the other investigates people's background.

You said yourself the card came from OPM, so they didn't come from another agency (FBI). They were an investigator, not a LEO. The words Federal and Investigative do not automatically mean FBI.

However, OPM sometimes does contract their investigation work out to third parties and those people are usually retired FBI, USSS, ATF, DEA agents, etc

Back