Ideas for what and when

kellwolf

Piece of Trash
Okay, it's getting close, and I'm FOR SURE gonna be there this year (which is exciting for me at least), so I figure we might wanna re-ignite some of the discussions on what to do and when.

Round tables are a must, and Ethan, I'm there for ya on that one. Whatever you need, you got it from me.

Karaoke is pretty much become a mainstay now, but the question is, do we still want to do that, or I know Rock Band was mentioned as well. Maybe do that in the hospitality suite. I'm down for either one. Rock Band 2 is coming out next month, and it'll have a "no fail" option. Which means you can be blitzed on 8 different kinds of alcohol and not get the depressing "you suck" screen. Might also help those that have never played before. Just a thought that I'm tossing out there.

don't think there is a hospitality suite per se' like the alst few years. moved to conference/banquet room type setup due to the larger crowds from last year...

But that would be cool.

Sun - 9FI

Tue - big event

hiking?

JC bowling?

hoover dam....

others???

Oh... Putt Putt... I like that idea. But bowling would be more of a group social activity.

As far as the Round Tables... I know there has been some discussion about the numbers of people signed up and if any of the more technical stuff was warranted because of that and the current economy. Kristie, have you guys figured out that one way or the other? Assuming that's green lighted, I'm all about the hike, the round table, I'd like to get the damn in this year and bowling/mini golf sounds fun. Also, I guess karaoke or rock band would be fun to heckle.

I think they closed down the putt putt place. Bowling is a good idea. The Orleans has a large bowling center. Its right off the strip and probably the closest to everyone. For those staying at Sahara dont forget about the Nascar Cafe which has that roller coaster :)

I think they closed down the putt putt place. Bowling is a good idea. The Orleans has a large bowling center. Its right off the strip and probably the closest to everyone. For those staying at Sahara dont forget about the Nascar Cafe which has that roller coaster :)

Trust me. Not worth the 10 bucks!!!

I'll help....just let me know what I can do....

Not much really, if you think about it......:rolleyes:

don't think there is a hospitality suite per se' like the alst few years. moved to conference/banquet room type setup due to the larger crowds from last year...

But that would be cool.

Sun - 9FI

Tue - big event

hiking?

JC bowling?

hoover dam....

others???

...drink???

Besides the drinking I really like the bowling and hoover dam idea. The Dam is just awesome, I was there a few months ago and it is a must see.

By the way since I have not been active that much lately, I just wanna let everyone know that please sign me up for all the round tables.

Any plans to do a questionaire type thing for people signed up for the round tables? Might be something to help us tailor it for the audience. Be kinda odd to drone on and on about 121 flying to a bunch of guys that wanna fly freight and vice versa. I'd like to get a feel for the experience level of those attending the round tables so we know how much we need to focus on regional vs CFI vs etc

What about like a mini-course deal?

have some topics of interest deal going on.

Like I haven't really flown any GA in about 10 years.....kind of like all the post 9-11 stuff and newer stuff to brief up on, but not waste, say 8 hrs on. Like the whole moving TFR thing.....WTF? How do I not get violated?

That kind of stuff would be interesting to hear about.....

I wonder if there might be any interest in a short workshop on "How to have a better working relationship with your FA's." I'm sure most of you are very adept at dealing with crewmembers (difficult or not), but it might be interesting and useful to have a little "back and forth" on things we like about each other and things that drive us crazy! :insane: "How to work better and more effectively," if you will. Of course, I'd be willing to do all the work on it!--I already have some fun ideas! :)

Would anybody be interested in grabbing some mountain bikes and hitting some trails? We've driving down, so I'm all about tossing mine on the bike rack!

Any plans to do a questionaire type thing for people signed up for the round tables? Might be something to help us tailor it for the audience. Be kinda odd to drone on and on about 121 flying to a bunch of guys that wanna fly freight and vice versa. I'd like to get a feel for the experience level of those attending the round tables so we know how much we need to focus on regional vs CFI vs etc

that's a GREAT idea!!! I'll get the guys on that. Thanks :)

I wonder if there might be any interest in a short workshop on "How to have a better working relationship with your FA's." I'm sure most of you are very adept at dealing with crewmembers (difficult or not), but it might be interesting and useful to have a little "back and forth" on things we like about each other and things that drive us crazy! :insane: "How to work better and more effectively," if you will. Of course, I'd be willing to do all the work on it!--I already have some fun ideas! :)
are you willing to be the presenter Patricia??? if so, then yea... we could do an FA to Pilot Co-worker Roundtable.

I'm sure we can find a pilot to be the other half of the presentation group.

Back