A380 LAX tomorrow

mrivc211

A friend and I wanna head down tomorrow, but I can't find any info on where its gonna be and what time its gonna land? Any help?

I'll be heading out tomorrow, I've got nothing better to do. I'll probably camp out at the Innout. It's supposed to come from SFO so It's most likely going to land on the 24s just like the first a380 at LAX did.

I saw the A380 take off out of SFO today. It was an Emirates Air. Is that the one that was going to LAX too?

It climbed out really slow and low. Not sure if that was on purpose but the climb gradient is really small.

But anyway, it was sparkling clean and HUGE!

It landed behind me at BDL (Hartford Ct) last year. It took me a minute to figure out what "Super" meant on the radio.

I just heard that aircraft take off on liveatc.net a few hours ago, out of SFO.
A pilot asked where it was going, and the controller said LAX.

CNN just showed it landing to demonstrate traffic was still flying into lax after the AA evac. The anchor didn't even know what he was looking at.

Unbelievable!!! I just saw it land a few hours ago at LAX. I was surprised to see how huge it actually is in person and how far away you can see that beast. Absolutely Incredible

The 380 is amazing actually saw it's display at Farnborough 3 weeks ago. It was amazing to see that thing fly. Just something about the way it moved it was like nothing I'd seen before the way it changed direction.

Heres a pretty good video of part of the display.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b62LQPyrt9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b62LQPyrt9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

It was a good short take off run considering the Take Off Distance available that way is only 6000 odd feet!!!

I was there for it all unfortunately. The A380 and the AA emergency evacuation. We were late to start and we became even later. Boo hoo. :)

Well that was a complete waste of time! NOOOOOT! stood under 25L for the first landing, got goose bumps as it flew overhead. WOW is all I can say. Where do I sign up?

Back