Saabs in BGR

beechpilot

I flew into BGR today and noticed a bunch of Saabs chillin over at Telford Aviation. Anyone know what they're doing with these? Lease returns maybe? It looked like about 5 from Mesaba, a couple from Colgan, and one from AE.

As far as I know it is kind of a storage/drop-off/saab maintenence place. I have taken a saab there (old Pinnacle Saab) and it just seems like the leasing companies keep saabs here. There was a saab in the hangar getting refurbished as welll, and the guy said it was going to some small airline somewhere.

Maintenance.

If you fly a Saab and they ever send you to pick one up in BGR, make sure you ask if its actually ready to fly before heading up there. One of the sim instructors was telling us about a time he showed up and was told it would be ready when he arrived. Well he showed up and it had an engine missing and panels not on. Haha

Maintenance.

If you fly a Saab and they ever send you to pick one up in BGR, make sure you ask if its actually ready to fly before heading up there. One of the sim instructors was telling us about a time he showed up and was told it would be ready when he arrived. Well he showed up and it had an engine missing and panels not on. Haha

sitting in BGR for a day or 2 is better than some of the other dumps we fly to!

As far as I know it is kind of a storage/drop-off/saab maintenence place. I have taken a saab there (old Pinnacle Saab) and it just seems like the leasing companies keep saabs here. There was a saab in the hangar getting refurbished as welll, and the guy said it was going to some small airline somewhere.

Yeah that makes sense. I think the Colgan Saabs are the old A models. The one with the new Airways paint scheme had a white cargo door. I'm pretty sure that's 35SZ.

Back