A salute....

Yo... that had some good looking FA's in it. I'm all about doing a remix to that song though.

It's all downhill from here (more like from the early 80s, really). Sorry I missed the party. The old must always make room for the new, some of us were just born too late. You can already see it coming in the check-hauling word. Routes get thinner or go away. The genuine hardasses who have had props come off and puncture their pressure vessels and thought it was "just one of things that happen" are getting put out to pasture. "Characters" are gone, and when I'm in a pessimistic frame of mind, I think "character" went with them. It's all shiny buttons and knowing your Opspecs like your telephone number, now. Hell, the other day I saw a TBM (I think? Meredian, TBM, I can't tell the difference) on a labquest run. Thing probably has EFIS.

Which, to be fair, probably really is Progress, such as it is. Me, I felt a twinge watching that movie. I always wanted to wear goggles and have oil actually get on them. And I suppose in some of the darker recesses of my heart, I've taken a perverse pride in flying bad equipment in worse conditions, imagining that I'm partaking in something essential and real in a way that RJs and automation aren't. The last laugh isn't mine, though. In the end it's just another way to move stuff from one place to another. And, famously, "time and tide wait for no man". No matter where you go, the beancounters will get you. You can run but your soul will just die tired.

The party is over. Now someone is going to have to tell Mom about the broken drywall. Not It!

WOW, Polar, that was great! I remember some of those pictures from my younger days. Thanks for sharing. :)

BTW, FiveO, I know you think those FA's looked "hot," but I for one, am glad we don't have to wear those silly hats anymore! (Although they did look great on them back in the day.) :D

The genuine hardasses who have had props come off and puncture their pressure vessels and thought it was "just one of things that happen" are getting put out to pasture.

I met that guy! Epps out of BWI right? Or is that a common occurance in the Mits?

http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001211X15511&key=1

Hell, the other day I saw a TBM (I think? Meredian, TBM, I can't tell the difference) on a labquest run. Thing probably has EFIS.

They are being replaced with brand new Eclipses. They also have a few PC-12s.

Alex.

In full disclosure, I forgot to mention that this link was forwarded to me by one of our "been there - done that guys" that Boris dreams of.

Keep hope alive my good man. Those jobs are still out there.

Back