QC2 + uflymike

jynxyjoe

Queso King
Looking into buying a QC2 + uflymike (UFM) for the old Saab 340. Mostly positive reviews from folks flying 1900's to CRJ's. One or two guys who have good ears notice a very big difference in sound quality between the QC2's and their DC's.

Anyone here a fan of the the QC2 + UFM combo?

I have been rocking it for two years in the riddle jet and love it. No way would I wear it in a saab! Good luck!

Switched from the bose X to the uflymike on the ERJ145. Its great since you can use it up front when your flying or in the back when your commuting or deadheading. Only recommendation is not to use rechargable batteries since they lose power instantaneously rather than slowly like regular alkaline batteries. Well worth the money for this headset.

we have them in the back of our Baron and they work great. Pax can plug in their iPod if they choose and still ask if we're there yet!

I use them if I fly something else as our Bose X headsets are hardwired.

I had to have a cable replaced on the one cause it got mangled in the seat back - the people that own the company are as nice as can be and very prompt.

Good value seeing as a Bose x is twice the moolah!

BP244

Does your company required TSO approved headset?

That is. . .if integrity matters.

Not exactly sure what that is suppose to mean, i can only suppose you mean the integrity of the system.

From the uflymike site, http://www.uflymike.com/id8.html:

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]06.17.08

The FAA is scheduled to inspect our manufacturing facility 9 July 2008. We expect TSO certification shortly thereafter."

So in any case. Back to my question. Does ANYONE else have any reviews on the mike set before I look into buying them further. I would appreciate it.
[/FONT]

If the batteries die, I've heard the headset goes completely dead. Only pitfall I could see.

I have the Bose X headset.

If the batteries die, I've heard the headset goes completely dead. Only pitfall I could see.

I have the Bose X headset.

That is true, I've seen it while jump seating on a Comair flight, captain's qc2 was blinking (which is normal for like the last 2 hours of use). It wasn't a big deal, the microphone still works even though the headset dies, and he quickly turned up the speaker above his head. Wasn't a huge deal imo.

Yes, it does die it the batteries go dead. Thats the only real negative. Just don't use the rechargables as mentioned above.

AMR requires TSO, but hell they put DC's in the plane and expect us the pilots to wear the headclamps all day??? I've jumpseated on AA and both pilots were wearing them(thats where I found out about it). Just look in any cockpit that goes by while taxing and you'll see a pair of silver headset and you'll know they are wearing them.

I had the Bose X before this and the biggest difference is the size of the headset and the weight. The OC2 fold up nice and small and aren't goofy looking when using them for your ipod in the back for music.

From uflymike website:

The FAA approved TSO certification of the UFM setup 9 Jul 08. We should receive official written notification by Aug 15th. We will be posting details and procedures to certify previously manufactured UFMs shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Looking into buying a QC2 + uflymike (UFM) for the old Saab 340. Mostly positive reviews from folks flying 1900's to CRJ's. One or two guys who have good ears notice a very big difference in sound quality between the QC2's and their DC's.

Anyone here a fan of the the QC2 + UFM combo?

We use it on our Citation II and bang for the buck, it is a good deal.

We use it on our Citation II and bang for the buck, it is a good deal.

Hehe, silly jet jock. I gotta use this thing on the Saab-o-matic. I don't suppose u've got a king air 350 sitting around you can go tool around the pattern with on the old QC2 do u? I'll go half-zees on the gas.

Hehe, silly jet jock. I gotta use this thing on the Saab-o-matic. I don't suppose u've got a king air 350 sitting around you can go tool around the pattern with on the old QC2 do u? I'll go half-zees on the gas.

I've got a Bose X headset- got to compare it side-by-side with the QC2+UFM once. About the same.

When the batteries tank, it's not a big deal in a jet. Just turn up the volume. In a TP, it could be a real pain in the arse. Just stay ahead of the batteries- and use rechargeables, like somebody said. I was spending a mint until I got some rechargeables.

There is a 350 and a Super 350 in the hangar. I will ask those guys what they wear on their ears..

But here's a solution.. just get the other pilot to hum very loudly 180deg out of phase with the primary noise frequency. Shouldn't be that hard to do...:nana2:

gotta say.. that avatar of yours is one funny picture and one hopes not a pending reality of the Swiss courts grant a request to the animal rights groups.

Haha, I hadn't thought of that but very funny.

My error.. it is Spain.

Great apes should have the right to life and freedom, according to a resolution passed in the Spanish parliament, in what could become landmark legislation to enshrine human rights for chimpanzees, gorillas, orang-utans and bonobos.

The environmental committee in the Spanish parliament has approved resolutions urging the country to comply with the Great Apes Project, founded in 1993, which argues that "non-human hominids" should enjoy the right to life, freedom and not to be tortured.

The project was started by the philosophers Peter Singer and Paola Cavalieri, who argued that the ape is the closest genetic relative to humans – that it displays emotions such as love, fear, anxiety and jealousy – and should be protected by similar laws.

The resolutions have cross-party support and it is thought they will become law, meaning that potential experiments on apes in Spain will be banned within a year, according to a Reuters report.

"This is a historic day in the struggle for animal rights and in defence of our evolutionary comrades which will doubtless go down in the history of humanity," Pedro Pozas, the Spanish director of the Great Apes Project, said.

"We have no knowledge of great apes being used in experiments in Spain, but there is currently no law preventing that from happening.''

Using apes in circuses, television commercials or filming will also be banned and while housing apes in Spanish zoos, of which there are currently 315, will remain legal, supporters of the bill have said the conditions in which most of them live will need to improve substantially.

Dude... Are you kidding me?

Yeah thats what I thought. i responded to him publicly about the TSO compliance to follow (the reason i was considering it) but he never responded. can only assume he was talking about the integrity of the mic system, not mine.

Back