List of CRJ-700 Average Pay

Copperhed51

So I got tired of everybody bickering about who is bringing down the pay in the industry without really having any facts to throw around. I've compiled a list of yearly pay averages for CRJ-700's from all the companies I could find that fly them. I tinkered with the numbers in different ways to show what would happen to the average (which i guess is a number that's pretty important during contract negotiations) if different companies didn't exist. Also, I only did FO pay but might do captain pay and/or other equipment if anybody is interested. Obviously this isn't a hard thing to do but I hadn't seen anybody do it yet. This could get to be a fairly long post but oh well, here it is:

FO Pay Rates by Company 1st through 7th Year:
.............1 ............2 ...........3 ..........4............5 ...........6 ..........7
.....ASA: 23...........38..........39..........40...........41 .........42.........44
..Comair: 22..........36...........37..........38..........39...........40.........42
....Eagle: 24..........33...........36..........37..........38...........39.........40
....GoJet: 23.........30............34.........35...........35...........35.........35
..Horizon: 29.........42............43.........44...........47...........49.........49
.....Mesa: 22.........29............32.........34...........35..........36..........36
......PSA: 23..........30...........32..........36...........37..........38.........39
SkyWest: 22..........37...........39...........40...........41..........43.........44
Average: 23.5__34.4_____36.5_____38____39.1____40.3____41.1
Avg. #2: 22.7___33.3____35.5_____37.2____38______39_____40
Avg. #3: 23.8____36_____37.7____39.2____40.5____41.8_____43
Avg. #4: 22.8___34.8____36.6_____38.2____39.2___40.4____41.8
Avg. #5: 23.6____35_____36.9_____38.4____39.7____41_____42

Average #2 does not include Horizon pay scale
Average #3 does not include Mesa or GoJet pay scale
Average #4 does not include Horizon, Mesa, or GoJet pay scale
Average #5 does not include GoJet payscale

Lowest pay in industry by year:
Year 1: Comair, Mesa, Skywest
Year 2: Mesa
Year 3: Mesa, PSA
Year 4: Mesa
Year 5: Mesa, GoJet
Year 6: GoJet
Year 7: GoJet

Those below industry average by year:
Year 1: ASA, Comair, Mesa, SkyWest, GoJet, PSA
Year 2: Eagle, Mesa, GoJet, PSA
Year 3: Eagle, Mesa, GoJet, PSA
Year 4: Eagle, Mesa, GoJet, PSA
Year 5: Eagle, Comair, Mesa, GoJet, PSA
Year 6: Eagle, Comair, Mesa, GoJet, PSA
Year 7: Eagle, Mesa, GoJet, PSA

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. Feel free to crunch the numbers however you want to show who is doing what to the industry.

P.S. The only way I could get the numbers to line up was to use all the dots and dashes and stuff. Sorry if that looks all clustered.

Might want to include who is up for a new contract too... There are a few who are about to start negotiations on that list. Others who just got their new contracts. Thus why a good spread between some IMO.

What's the point of this post again? To show us how #####ty our pay is? Our how your #####ty regional is better than my #####ty regional?

You kiss yo momma with that potty mouth man? Sheesh! ;)

What's the point of this post again? To show us how #####ty our pay is? Our how your #####ty regional is better than my #####ty regional?

I'd say it's a little bit of both. People attack certain regionals making all kinds of claims that are never backed up with any facts. So yeah, the point is that all the regionals basically suck but the point is also that some suck worse than others (as far as pay goes) and here's the numbers to show which ones suck worse. The other point was posted at the very beginning of my original post. It's that I'm tired of people bickering about pay rates and who sucks more without backing it up with anything.

Oh, and settle down, seriously.

Cooperhead, good for you for putting this data together, but it really doesn't amount to much. Some of those pay rates are wrong to begin with, and as had been said multiple times before, pay is a small part of how "good" a company may be.

Cooperhead, good for you for putting this data together, but it really doesn't amount to much. Some of those pay rates are wrong to begin with, and as had been said multiple times before, pay is a small part of how "good" a company may be.

It'd be cool if everybody could throw their knowledge of accurate pay rates, per diem, insurance coverage, days off, etc into this thread so we could get an accurate picture of what's going on in the entire regional industry. I think one of the problems we have as a pilot group is the fact that we have all these rumors floating around about how good/bad it is at another place but we really have no idea. Maybe we wouldn't put up with some of the crap our specific company is doing to us if we realized how it compared to everybody else. I dunno. I just feel like facts and numbers are a pretty powerful thing, even though opinions are maybe more fun.

Anybody who has their contract handy, feel free to let us know some accurate pay rates, per diem, and all that for your company since I'm sure BobDDuck is correct about some of my info being inaccurate. I just went to the only source I had easy access to so I could get the ball rolling. Now this furloughee is off to the bar to have a tasty beverage or two.

I do know at ASA $38/hr+duty rigs+1.60 per diem+profit sharing= a good chunk of change. Shoot just by looking at the cars and bikes in the employee parking lot it doesn't look like we got too many broke pilots round here....

Wake up and smell the roses, $38/hr for flying 70 people across the country isn't a "good chunk of change". Hell even $60+/hr on the CA side is chump change. Seriously. It's almost depressing. I've pretty much sworn off staying 121, which is unfortunate, I really like the flying and the lifestyle. I just don't really see much growth or future in the long term. I was in the jumpseat of an Airways 190 the other day, the FO lived at home with their parents. Nice huh?

The industry is pretty much toast.

I do know at ASA $38/hr+duty rigs+1.60 per diem+profit sharing= a good chunk of change. Shoot just by looking at the cars and bikes in the employee parking lot it doesn't look like we got too many broke pilots round here....

Sigh....Shaking head....

Exhibit A of why we're doomed. Sure there are the droves of Big RJ drivers who think their pay sucks and they should make more, but I fear more and more think they're doing good.

I'm going to keep saying it, IF YOU WANT A LONG CAREER IN A REGIONAL, FIND AS BIG AN RJ AND YOU CAN AND FLY IT FOR THE LEAST PAY....MANAGEMENT WILL ALWAYS LOVE GUYS LIKE YOU.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but does anyone still fly because they really love it?
Sure, pay might not be spectacular, you may not be rolling in cash, and bills can be difficult, but sometimes I gather that some people are just in it for the money, then get upset they're not making trans-atlantic/pacific money in their first years.

I know that's a harsh accusation, and please understand I make it based off of pilots I've met at airports, family member pilots and other things. I'm not going solely off of what I see here, so I'm not trying to be accusatory to anyone here in specific, or in general. It's just a question.

I don't have a job as a pilot, yet, but flying's all I've ever wanted to do. I know I'll probably have cruddy pay for a little while at some point. I know there will be days I'll come home and complain about this controller or that, but in the end I'll still love it. I'm sure you all do too.

Is there anything you can do about the pay? Probably not much. So why not just love what you have a little more, figure out a way to live with what you've got for now and hope for better in the future? There are some who got dumped from the industry a few years back who have never made it back in. I'm sure some of them would love the low pay just to fly again.

Try to be that pilot out there that, whenever people get their crew pairings, the other crew members sit there and think *hey, I love flying with this guy/gal - they must really love their job.* You might not love it at every single moment, but I know for sure it's more fun to work with someone who's enthusiastic about their job, than someone who dreads it and gripes about it all day.

Again, I don't know what any of you are going through. I can't know. I haven't experienced it. I'm not trying to say anyone here is at fault. I'm just saying if it's not going to change, why not make the best of it, enjoy yourself now and plan for the future? Be happy you have a flying job. Be happy you get paid anything to fly, instead of having to pay $100+ per hour.

Fly because you love it...

No.

Flying GA is fun. Flying for a living. . .is well. . .a job - not that I hate it, but I certainly don't "love it." Then again, this wasn't ever a "dream" of mine in the first place. . .so. . .the dreamers out there may have a significantly different opinion.

Look Kyle, that's great you love to fly, and it's great that you want to do it professionally, but you pretty much answered your own question with the line

I don't have a job as a pilot, yet, but flying's all I've ever wanted to do.

Flying for a living is NOTHING like you think it is going to be, and I can say that with almost 100% certainty, even though I really have no clue what you actually think it is going to be like. Sure, most people who fly for a living enjoy it. Just like a doctor likes what they do or a roofer likes climbing up a ladder every day. Really. Nothing more, nothing less.

The problem is, for what ever reason, the job has been over glamorized since the Wright Brothers started cruising the neighborhood. And because of that a lot of people get into it because they think flying is something special. And the flying part IS in fact pretty special. Humans sure as hell weren't designed to fly, so being able to get around that is amazing. And if the job was JUST flying, I think you would be justified in thinking what you do.

But unfortunately VERY little of this job is flying. Check out my schedule today. All I do is a 2 leg turn from Dayton to Charlotte and back up. That's it. It's blocked for about 2 hours and 30 minutes of "time", however, I am going to be "at work" for 4 hours. On top of that, it takes me about 45 minutes to get to the airport so add in 1:30 for the round trip. Oh, and of that 2:05 of flight time (that I'm actually getting paid for) MAYBE 1:45 of it will actually be "in the air" with the rest spent taxiing out or back in.

So:
7:00 of my day taken up by work
5:30 of duty time
2:45 sitting in the airplane
1:45 off the ground
0:15 actually flying the plane (maybe)

And that's actually a pretty good day. Last trip the last day was 14:45 of duty and about 4:05 of "flight time" of which I hand flew maybe 20 minutes.

Again, I'm not saying it's a bad job. I'd rather be doing this right now then anything else, but the actual FLYING part is relatively small compared to the other stuff.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but does anyone still fly because they really love it?
Sure, pay might not be spectacular, you may not be rolling in cash, and bills can be difficult, but sometimes I gather that some people are just in it for the money, then get upset they're not making trans-atlantic/pacific money in their first years.

I know that's a harsh accusation, and please understand I make it based off of pilots I've met at airports, family member pilots and other things. I'm not going solely off of what I see here, so I'm not trying to be accusatory to anyone here in specific, or in general. It's just a question.

I don't have a job as a pilot, yet, but flying's all I've ever wanted to do. I know I'll probably have cruddy pay for a little while at some point. I know there will be days I'll come home and complain about this controller or that, but in the end I'll still love it. I'm sure you all do too.

Is there anything you can do about the pay? Probably not much. So why not just love what you have a little more, figure out a way to live with what you've got for now and hope for better in the future? There are some who got dumped from the industry a few years back who have never made it back in. I'm sure some of them would love the low pay just to fly again.

Try to be that pilot out there that, whenever people get their crew pairings, the other crew members sit there and think *hey, I love flying with this guy/gal - they must really love their job.* You might not love it at every single moment, but I know for sure it's more fun to work with someone who's enthusiastic about their job, than someone who dreads it and gripes about it all day.

Again, I don't know what any of you are going through. I can't know. I haven't experienced it. I'm not trying to say anyone here is at fault. I'm just saying if it's not going to change, why not make the best of it, enjoy yourself now and plan for the future? Be happy you have a flying job. Be happy you get paid anything to fly, instead of having to pay $100+ per hour.

Fly because you love it...

I think that most of us fly because we love it. However, when you don't make enough money to pay your bills, it does tend to take a lot of the enjoyment out of flying. What are you going to do when you have to tell your significant other that you have to choose between buying food or paying the power bill because you don't have enough money to do both? If you don't mind living or ramen noodles, taking a vow of celibacy, and maybe living with mom and dad to save money, then its great.

What is really sad is that there are a lot of people who would line up to work for even less money than what was posted above, just so they can fly a nice new jet and wear a snazzy uniform. That is what hurts all of us in the long run.

With that said, flying is something that I love, and I always will. It is a whole different ball game when you try to make a living at it though.

Back