Everyone's opinion WELCOME!

saxplayer72586

Well hello everyone,

I know quite a few people have done this and it's not that I am looking for sympathy... I am simply looking for a wide array of opinions on my situation as well as maybe some handy information from those more knowledgable than myself...

Firstly... unlike all you go-getters, I do not want to go to ATL or any other major airport... my dream would be to get a job at either Dayton or Columbus OH (DAY and CMH respectfully). I just recently scored an 83.2 on my ATSAT, I am an OTS applicant... but I do have my pilot's license as well as 3 yrs of college credit as an aviation management major. I know there's no black and white on this but for everybody who knows somebody who might have been in a similar situation or whatever... give me your two cents on my chances at getting in... I will continue to reapply for all the openings as the becomes available and might even try and brown nose my way into a visit at either CMH or DAY towers... hey... can't hurt! :rawk:

Clear skies and tailwinds!

You passed the AT-SAT then they should get ahold of you to attend a PEPC so I would think you should get in, its just a long process but faster than what it used to be.

Honestly From What I Heard They Were Only Taking Well Qualified For Now Out Of Ots And Maybe After These Couple Of Publications Close They Will Go Back For Everyon Else

Well hello everyone,

I know quite a few people have done this and it's not that I am looking for sympathy... I am simply looking for a wide array of opinions on my situation as well as maybe some handy information from those more knowledgable than myself...

Firstly... unlike all you go-getters, I do not want to go to ATL or any other major airport... my dream would be to get a job at either Dayton or Columbus OH (DAY and CMH respectfully). I just recently scored an 83.2 on my ATSAT, I am an OTS applicant... but I do have my pilot's license as well as 3 yrs of college credit as an aviation management major. I know there's no black and white on this but for everybody who knows somebody who might have been in a similar situation or whatever... give me your two cents on my chances at getting in... I will continue to reapply for all the openings as the becomes available and might even try and brown nose my way into a visit at either CMH or DAY towers... hey... can't hurt! :rawk:

Clear skies and tailwinds!

blind leading the blind here-- but, I'd say not good. The FAA wants to maintain a consistent pool of 3-5K applicants at any given time. Scoring under an 85 does not bode well.

But. . .

It also appears that "brown-nosing" may have helped a few people out, so if I were you, I'd give it a whirl . . .

Well...your in the same boat as me, except the AT-SAT score...your qualified, but as was mentioned above, you need to be well qualified to be accepted most of the time which is 85 and above...however, if you are accepted, your background will be a big help. Goodluck!!

I think in time your odds will improve. I've been reading some of the threads regarding PUBNAT2, etc and it does appear that some of the scores are going down or else we're just seeing a different cross-section of the application pool. Just keep applying and with each announcement you should get one step closer. With that background I think you have a good shot, but there are many other factors beyond your control that will play a role in who gets hired and where so don't fret and doubt yourself. Good luck!!

I know Dayton was looking for people. They called a few guys in my class while we were at the academy and asked them if they wanted to switch there. One guy was even from Dayton and didn't want to switch. I'm from OH and didn't want to go to Dayton. Their approach is getting moved to Columbus and their level will drop soon.

I recently had a high-end manager in the ATL hub tell me that if you scored under 85, don't count on an invite. The only reason I asked was b/c my brother-in-law scored an 83 and his 31st b-day is in August of this year. I was just fishing to see what his chances were before he's no longer eligible.

Course in these days, the anchor is driving the FAA boat, so you never really know whats really going on when it comes to HR.

Thanks to everyone for your replies so far... so what about the aviation experience. When would that come in handy for me? I can't imagine them going ONLY off the ATSAT scores offering PEPC's. I mean... like I said Im not requesting a very "high profile" location... I'll control the plains of Kansas if that's where they need me lol. Oh well... two days down, about 100+ more to wait... wahoo... get me a zanex lol

clear skies and tailwinds....

It's hard to say...

Course in these days, the anchor is driving the FAA boat, so you never really know whats really going on when it comes to HR.
-Delta Romeo

That quote hits it right on...I would like to think they look at your aviation experience as a plus to bump you up to the well qualified list...My advice is to keep applying and keep calling :) The more you bug em, the more likely your name will be picked. Goodluck!

Back