AirNet Questions

flymo

Well folks, it looks like I am going to be back in the job search in the next few months as my current employer is closing a base and projecting several hundred furloughs. I saw on climbto350 that AirNet is hiring again and I got to thinking. I actually had a class date at AirNet but turned it down to take my present job; Now I am kicking myself for not going with AirNet. So my questions are:

I tried to tread very lightly and turned down the class date as professionally as I could, but Will Craig give me a second look after going to a regional airline?

How is the merger/buyout going? Does it look like the new owner has a clear direction that they want to take the company?

I would like to eventually get based in the central/northern Midwest. Are the junior guys still going to TEB?

Thanks so much for any information you have!

#1: Possibly, depends on how the second interview goes.
#2: The purchase has already been completed. Nothing new or dramatic has happend yet, but that will probably change within the next 6 months.
#3: Bases are always dependant on who wants to go where. It's not like it was back in 2002ish where everyone was waiting to get a base and it always was TEB or BDL. With the "new" stuff that might happen you might not need to worry about that anyways.

After being furloughed myself, this is an awesome thread as I am also considering Airnet. What "good" changes are the rumot mills churning?

The check business is going away. Anyone currently at Airnet can see it, especially within the past year. There are daily changes to our system when it used to be a pretty big deal to see one change every couple months. The Learjets are going away. The business plan going forward seems to be for the feeder market even though all but one of our feeder runs got cut a month ago because of DHL. It's not all roses but it's not that bad of a place to be. They are very proud of their never furloughing a pilot in the near 30 year history of the company and they are trying to keep it that way.

I believe they are hiring into a pool and I would assume/hope we are only hiring PICs at this point.

The check business is going away. Anyone currently at Airnet can see it, especially within the past year. There are daily changes to our system when it used to be a pretty big deal to see one change every couple months. The Learjets are going away. The business plan going forward seems to be for the feeder market even though all but one of our feeder runs got cut a month ago because of DHL. It's not all roses but it's not that bad of a place to be. They are very proud of their never furloughing a pilot in the near 30 year history of the company and they are trying to keep it that way.

I believe they are hiring into a pool and I would assume/hope we are only hiring PICs at this point.

That is big news. From what I heard from the recruiter they are still doing the whole SIC thing. He didn't say anything about the Lear leaving (Although no surprise there). So from what it looks like will there be only props and caravan TP's? Also, any base closures/changes? Thanks Mike.

That is big news. From what I heard from the recruiter they are still doing the whole SIC thing. He didn't say anything about the Lear leaving (Although no surprise there). So from what it looks like will there be only props and caravan TP's? Also, any base closures/changes? Thanks Mike.
Again this is what I'm seeing from the line.
I got some PMs from some of our prop guys saying "WHAT THE LEARS ARE GOING AWAY". Nothing has come out officially that the lears are done by a certain date. But the writing is on the wall. Lears are good for bank checks, boxes don't fit well in the lears. Bank checks are the time critical cargo that we carry so with out them you be the judge. Yes there have been some base closures in the past couple months, we've also added RNO, IXD, and OMA.

If you are coming here to be a captain in a Lear I'd say it may be possible but unlikely. No one knows though but don't come here to fly lears, come here to find a job with good bennies, jumpseat privileges, a kick ass uniform, and no TSA. At a minimum you'll be flying a multi piston.

As far as the prop SICs are concerned, if they want to hire them that's fine I guess, I just don't see the point when we aren't desperate for pilots. Who knows.

I was under the impression AirNet might possibly get some turboprops?

Is it even a possibility or just rumors?

...I believe they are hiring into a pool and I would assume/hope we are only hiring PICs at this point.

When I interviewed almost three weeks ago there were I believe 15 in the hiring pool and only one (at the time) was PIC qualified. I'm sure that's changed now.

Back