WestIndian425

Seesh! Even Barbados is taking better care if theirs!:mad::(:banghead:

June302008Concorde001.jpg

June302008Concorde002.jpg

June302008Concorde004.jpg

June302008Concorde013.jpg

June302008Concorde027.jpg

June302008Concorde038.jpg

Maybe they should have sent it to the Smithsonian or the Flight Museum in Farmingdale while the USS Intrepid is being repaired. I wonder if the Tu-144 looks this bad.

You can almost see Connie Kalitta in the background with a roll of speed tape and a ferry permit.

"Get your freight from Willow Run to Amsterdam in record time with our custom routing over the Great Lakes and up the Saint Lawrence River! And we can't even drop an engine nacelle off this one! High speed!"

jtrain said:
"Get your freight from Willow Run to Amsterdam in record time with our custom routing over the Great Lakes and up the Saint Lawrence River! And we can't even drop an engine nacelle off this one! High speed!"

*grin*. I must confess that's one broke ass plane I'd Unofficially MEL and fly. Take one for the team in the Concorde? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full, sir! Broke engine? That's why I've got freaking four of em! I know, I know, I'm Dangerous and Selling Out The Profession ;)

This makes me sad :( I was in Paris last December and visited the Airspace Museum. Their Concords are hangared all alone in a big hangar (one Air France and one BA), and look very shinny and clean. It's the best looking airplane I've seen, incredible curves. On the other hand, their 747's paint is getting a yellowish tint (instead of AF white) and starting to chip...

Most of the aircraft on display on the Intrepid are in dire need of some rust busting, some corrosion prevention and new paint jobs. We even volunteered during a Fleet Week to do some up keep on some of their aircraft on the Navy's dime, but they declined.:rolleyes:

Maybe they should have sent it to the Smithsonian

Air and Space Museum already has one out at the facility at Dulles. Watched it land from the roof of the building I was working in during furlough. Incidentely, I was working for Gemini at the time on the third floor, and moonlighed at Maxjet on the second floor. I hate to think I was the common denominator at work here.:(

Most of the aircraft on display on the Intrepid are in dire need of some rust busting, some corrosion prevention and new paint jobs. We even volunteered during a Fleet Week to do some up keep on some of their aircraft on the Navy's dime, but they declined.:rolleyes:

I've volunteered, and provided my services during fleet week too!

Air and Space Museum already has one out at the facility at Dulles. Watched it land from the roof of the building I was working in during furlough. Incidentely, I was working for Gemini at the time on the third floor, and moonlighed at Maxjet on the second floor. I hate to think I was the common denominator at work here.:(
Yeah, I was about to mention that. I wouldn't mind having another (yet different, since it's BA instead of AF) in there, though. They aren't that big and that poor bird looks horrible.

I would've seen it, since the tower told him to go for a low approach, but the guy just landed it, instead. I was on the south side of the field and he was landing to the south, so he would've flown over after the low approach. Oh well...
I've seen it a few times in the museum anyway. I saw it fly over a bunch when I was younger, too. That was back when Dulles was considered to be out in the middle of nowhere....

Back