Money woes

esw2005

About two weeks ago my currnet employer reduced my hours from 40 hours to 30hr/week. I can no longer pay my bills. I have been with my current employer for 7 months. I really do not want to quit since I am so close to to my PEPC date(July 22). Obviosly if I quit and get another job im afraid it will make it appear as if I jump from job to job.

About two weeks ago my currnet employer reduced my hours from 40 hours to 30hr/week. I can no longer pay my bills. I have been with my current employer for 7 months. I really do not want to quit since I am so close to to my PEPC date(July 22). Obviosly if I quit and get another job im afraid it will make it appear as if I jump from job to job.
You might qualify for unemployment with the reduced hours.

so let me get this straight, your employer cut 10 hrs a week from your schedule, and since you cant afford to pay the bills on 30 hrs a week you are going to quit and possibly risk not having a job for how long??

so let me get this straight, your employer cut 10 hrs a week from your schedule, and since you cant afford to pay the bills on 30 hrs a week you are going to quit and possibly risk not having a job for how long??

I think he means he would quit, but have another job lined up already. His concern would be that it looks likes he's always jumping jobs.
I know, because the same thought runs through my head everyday.

You've been invited to the pepc. At this point, I don't think it really matters how many jobs you have in between now and then. As many of said, you've basically got the job.

If I were in your shoes I would keep the job and pick up a part timer to supplement. It would only be for a short term (hopefully?) and you wouldn't have a quit job on your record.

Quitting a job looks a hell of a lot better, if bad at all, than being fired.
The only contact between the FAA and your past and/or current employer is a ten or so multiple quistionnaire regarding your trustworthiness...???...If you quit, consider a two week notice. Although, it would suck to give your two weeks, get fired due to that, and have that held against you.
Good luck.

I'm in a job "situation" right now too. I have been at the same place for 4 years. I'm still there 1 day a week just to maintain my employment but I'm really just done with the place--the management has gone straight down the crapper. So, right before I got the invite for the PEPC, I got 2 new jobs and accepted them both. Currently, I have 3 jobs. However, one of them just isn't doing it for me either....will it look bad if I quit this one new job after only a month?

Or will I be fine because I've still maintained my original 4 year job?

If I do quit it, will I still need to report on my SF-85?

Or should I just quit all three and go out in a blaze of glory?:nana2:(joking)

Back