NVM

jookboks

For the Declaration for Federal Employment sheet, it asks you to explain if you've been terminated from any job in the past five years. I was actually terminated last year from a small convenience store (before I got a REAL job) because of a conflict with the assistant manager. For whatever reason, she was especially rude to me since the first day she arrived, and to make a long story short, she treated me like I was some sort of hoodlum and offended me greatly while on shift one night (in addition to offending me verbally, she threw a donut at me and hit me while I was walking away) and I became very upset, grabbed a pack of a personal hygiene product I had put behind the counter with me, and left about 20 minutes early before we had a serious issue. I hadn't paid for the product before I left, so I returned about an hour later when I knew she would be off, and got in line and paid for them (the manager saw the video proving this was so). Anyway, her and the manager were always cool I suppose, and even though she threw something at me and I clearly paid for the merchandise, I got let go. Now I KNOW I'm not a thief, but I'm a bit hesitant to put all this on my form because when they contact the manager, there's no telling what she's going to say. I don't want a couple of ignorant old ladies at a gas station ruining my opportunity for a great career. Also, is it necessary to even fill out this form if you're currently working for the federal government and filled it out about a year ago?

For the Declaration for Federal Employment sheet, it asks you to explain if you've been terminated from any job in the past five years. I was actually terminated last year from a small convenience store (before I got a REAL job) because of a conflict with the assistant manager. For whatever reason, she was especially rude to me since the first day she arrived, and to make a long story short, she treated me like I was some sort of hoodlum and offended me greatly while on shift one night (in addition to offending me verbally, she threw a donut at me and hit me while I was walking away) and I became very upset, grabbed a pack of a personal hygiene product I had put behind the counter with me, and left about 20 minutes early before we had a serious issue. I hadn't paid for the product before I left, so I returned about an hour later when I knew she would be off, and got in line and paid for them (the manager saw the video proving this was so). Anyway, her and the manager were always cool I suppose, and even though she threw something at me and I clearly paid for the merchandise, I got let go. Now I KNOW I'm not a thief, but I'm a bit hesitant to put all this on my form because when they contact the manager, there's no telling what she's going to say. I don't want a couple of ignorant old ladies at a gas station ruining my opportunity for a great career. Also, is it necessary to even fill out this form if you're currently working for the federal government and filled it out about a year ago?

First of all, an old lady throwing a donut at you is priceless! you gotta get your hands on that video and share it with us.

Second, I'm pretty sure they are not at liberty to explain why you were fired, only that you are "not eligible for rehire". I could be wrong (but I doubt it).

First of all, an old lady throwing a donut at you is priceless! you gotta get your hands on that video and share it with us.

Second, I'm pretty sure they are not at liberty to explain why you were fired, only that you are "not eligible for rehire". I could be wrong (but I doubt it).

I believe that's correct. I was terminated from a job 4 years ago (couldn't be 5, noooo) because of something a coworker did. I can't believe that could be a serious concern, I just listed what the letter said and went on with my paperwork. you can't tell me at least half of the people working today haven't been fired for something stupid, but if they DQ me on that so be it.

These days employers are so concerned about being sued, they won’t say much when they are called reguarding a past employee. It is legal, though not always advisable, to include negative details of a former employee's work history in the course of a reference check. Most large employers have a strict policy of releasing only the employment dates and rehire status. This policy is to protect the employer from legal action by the former employee. Of course, if the negative work history is substantiated in documentation such as merit reviews, the former employers bears little risk in the event of adverse legal action. Most employers would rather avoid legal action even when they stand to win, so they act conservatively in limiting what information is shared with outside information-seekers.

Total gayness, keep it that way. Just don't put that place down as employment.

If you put the place down, I wouldn't keep anything out...Explain everything and DO NOT leave anything out, regardless of how small you may think it will be...I was in a similar situation with one of my past jobs...I put down what happened and I never heard anything else about it from the FAA...

Total gayness, keep it that way. Just don't put that place down as employment.

I wouldn't follow this advice at all. Put the place down, and if they have any questions I'm sure they'll ask. Where this might have a chance of affecting you, if you don't put it down and they find out, I imagine it will def. affect your chances. Just my 2 cents, but I doubt this will really be a problem.

Thanks for the info guys, and fyi (just for your entertainment, I suppose), she didn't throw the donuts at me because of the tampons, that was afterwards...she threw it at me because "she's the wrong lady to mess with"...she was apparently a 65 year old gangster.

Back