Passengers Protest On Plane After Flight Canceled.

I'm sure in the US many airlines would support 100% the rights of passengers to sleep in airplanes overnight. They make their crews do it, afterall!

That scenario is one of my worst nightmares. All you need is one PITA to rile up the rest of the pax and it could become a very contentious situation. :panic:

I cant believe the crews stayed on and offered continuous service.
I would have called the hotel shuttle and headed out. On my way out the door I would have said the keys are in it and dont forget to get your clearance.

The rules must be different over there. Here, if a flight cancels and people refuse to get off the plane, the police would be called!

I understand their frustration, but that wouldn't "fly" here..... pun intended.

The rules must be different over there. Here, if a flight cancels and people refuse to get off the plane, the police would be called!

Yeah - it is kinda funny - in communist China they let them stay and continue providing service. In democratic America a SWAT team would have gassed the plane and drug them all out.

yea, that's like "treaspassing", isn't it? :D

Who does that?

I heard Mesa crews made their standup/high-speed/CDO/Whatever-your-airline-calls-them crews stay on the planes overnight, not giving them hotel rooms.

That is entirely hear-say though, and it could just be an completely un-true rumot.

I THINK Colgan does or USED to on Saabs...I could be wrong though.
On the Q, we DO get a room although I heard that some crews stay on the plane to give them more rest time. We had a CA the other night who was toying with that idea. We told him to do what he wanted, but we were going to the hotel. I only got 30 minutes of sleep, but at least it was in a bed! I called my supervisor the next day to see what protocol was on that. Do I have to do with the CA wants to do -- or am I able to go to the hotel? Luckily, the crew can "do their own thing" as long as we're back at the plane at showtime..

I heard Mesa crews made their standup/high-speed/CDO/Whatever-your-airline-calls-them crews stay on the planes overnight, not giving them hotel rooms.

That is entirely hear-say though, and it could just be an completely un-true rumot.

Yeah I have heard that also, but I didn't want to spread rumors if they are true.:rolleyes:

All our stand ups we each get a room.

Yeah I have heard that also, but I didn't want to spread rumors if they are true.:rolleyes:

All our stand ups we each get a room.

Why wouldn't you want to spread a rumor if it was true? ;)

I said it was hear-say and a rumot, I never said it was fact.... :)

Back