How to use PN-1 Naviation Plotter?

BCTAv8r

Really, this should be the easiest thing to use, yet I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I don't understand how to get the heading. I'm trying to go from East to West so I place the round side of the ruler to the East so that the top reads 360. But that only works when I'm going from West to East. If I turn the ruler over, it reads 180 on the top and it messes everything up.

I used my instructor's ruler the previous time when he was teaching me so I have no clue how to use this one. Plus, my cross country is in 8 hours and I need to finish this soon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still doesn't make sense. How the heck is the TC 042 degrees in this diagram when one end of the round portion of the ruler is 180 and the other is 360, and the ruler is pointing at 360?

plotter1.jpg

you make sure the center of the dial (compass?) is touching a meridian aka line of longitude then you just read what degree the line is touching on the end of the plotter.

plotter1ae0.jpg

What if the leg doesn't cross any longitudinal or latitudinal lines?
Slide it up in the direction of your course (you can go past your destination/waypoint) until you get a latitude or longitude. So long as you don't move it from left or right the reading will be accurate.

How is this possible? It's divided so you could use any horizontal/vertical black line with tick marks (on a sectional)

I just meant that the leg was within the "square". Anyways, it took a little bit but my instructor got it. Thanks.

Back