Good news for the bar-har-barians

Looks like it would be slightly more reasonable if they could find another operator who oculd take advantage of the Class I status.

That would be good because it would actually be new Saab flying but has Colgan won the EAS bid yet?

No idea, but I do like to make random widely unsubstantiated claims on internet forums. It's sort of mental masturbatory pleasure of mine.

Looks like it would be slightly more reasonable if they could find another operator who oculd take advantage of the Class I status.

A chance to upgrade to bigger equipment- good choice by the county.

So they didn't want 402s, can't blame them.

The waiver still needs to be granted. Although it helps when the airport authority is on the bandwagon.

I think the county realized it was going to be 402s or nothing without a waiver.

Anyone know what the footprint difference of a 1900 doing a 180 degree turn vs a Saab? That thing could take up a LOT of space that the ramp there does not have.

The waiver still needs to be granted. Although it helps when the airport authority is on the bandwagon.

I think the county realized it was going to be 402s or nothing without a waiver.

Anyone know what the footprint difference of a 1900 doing a 180 degree turn vs a Saab? That thing could take up a LOT of space that the ramp there does not have.

54 feet (or was it 58). Not sure what the 1900 is.

54 feet (or was it 58). Not sure what the 1900 is.

I was thinking more outside wingtip to outside wing tip.

Summertime that joint is PACKED. I had to push the Beech back to Alpha last summer a few times. That would probably become a regular occurrence with the Saab.

Wait... I thought BHB needed a boat to take anything bigger then 19 seats? How's that fit into the waiver?

They get a waiver to pull out 4 seats in the saab. The saab already comes in 30 seat veersions.. so it's all the FAA being difficult.

Back