OKC roomates wanted/needed

My tentative date for OKC is July 14th. The FAA housing is full until August to September-at least that is what I'm being told. I am looking into renting a room from a homeowner is the area, but am open to other possibilities. Does anyone have or know of a place. I'd be an easy roomie. I'm married with 3 kids, don't smoke, and I plan on watching alot of football when not involved in ATC stuff, plus I'm bringing my car out. Madden anybody?

My tentative date for OKC is July 14th. The FAA housing is full until August to September-at least that is what I'm being told. I am looking into renting a room from a homeowner is the area, but am open to other possibilities. Does anyone have or know of a place. I'd be an easy roomie. I'm married with 3 kids, don't smoke, and I plan on watching alot of football when not involved in ATC stuff, plus I'm bringing my car out. Madden anybody?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but to qualify for reimbursement for housing...don't you have to stay in a "commercial" property? Just thought I'd throw this out there...

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but to qualify for reimbursement for housing...don't you have to stay in a "commercial" property? Just thought I'd throw this out there...

You're right-but you just need to supply a receipt that proves that you are paying for your housing. Several people in the area rent out to students and are set up to provide a receipt.

i dont know why its 16 cause it doesnt make sense but that is what the last told me at walnut gardens when i was inquiring about the rates. I asked her again because i thought she said "60" but then she said no "16, One-Six". Weird right?

Excellent!! THANK YOU!! :nana2:

Some places consider long term to be over 30 days, but 16 or 30... either way, you'll be in OKC longer than that...

Thanks! I was looking at some of the housing options thinking, "Man! I don't want to have to spend $80 a day to never be home..." I appreciate the info!!

You're right-but you just need to supply a receipt that proves that you are paying for your housing. Several people in the area rent out to students and are set up to provide a receipt.

If you rent a room from a private party, do you still get your full per diem?

After looking at some of the housing in OKC I have a question ( I know I usually have the answers:sarcasm:).

If the houing is $30 a day, do you still get the full housing portion of the per diem?

After looking at some of the housing in OKC I have a question ( I know I usually have the answers:sarcasm:).

If the houing is $30 a day, do you still get the full housing portion of the per diem?

Good question...just e-mailed student services with that question to find out. Will post on here when/if I get a reply! :insane:

WHAT?!? You have a question?! :sarcasm:

From all the reading I've done on here it seems that you get the full per-diem regardless of where you stay, so long as you get a receipt (i.e. it is a commercial business, or a homeowner who is setup to provide receipts)

WHAT?!? You have a question?! :sarcasm:

From all the reading I've done on here it seems that you get the full per-diem regardless of where you stay, so long as you get a receipt (i.e. it is a commercial business, or a homeowner who is setup to provide receipts)

Shocking wasn't it.:panic:

Correct, you get a lump sum of est. $49/day just for housing. I made about $400 extra by staying in a studio apt for $30/day.

HD

I spoke with someone in student services and she cofirmed that you get the full per diem regardless of how much you spent, as long as you have a receipt. You can also rent with a private party and receive your full per diem. :)

I spoke with someone in student services and she cofirmed that you get the full per diem regardless of how much you spent, as long as you have a receipt. You can also rent with a private party and receive your full per diem. :)

Sweet!! Thanks!! That's $50 a day in my pocket!! WOO HOO!!

my Tentative Date For Okc Is July 14th. The Faa Housing Is Full Until August To September-at Least That Is What I'm Being Told. I Am Looking Into Renting A Room From A Homeowner Is The Area, But Am Open To Other Possibilities. Does Anyone Have Or Know Of A Place. I'd Be An Easy Roomie. I'm Married With 3 Kids, Don't Smoke, And I Plan On Watching Alot Of Football When Not Involved In Atc Stuff, Plus I'm Bringing My Car Out. Madden Anybody?

Vortmax When I Get Down There Im So Down To Beat Ur Butt In Madden...

If you rent a room from a private party, do you still get your full per diem?

yes, as log as you have a lease and get reciepts showing you are paying rent. Several in my class did that.

Good question...just e-mailed student services with that question to find out. Will post on here when/if I get a reply! :insane:

FYI, you would not email student services for per diem questions, you would email travel. Travel is who handles all per diem.

Back