Und Afrotc

Anyone have experience with UND Air Force ROTC? I hear there are about 100 cadets and you spend about 6 hours a week training.

Anyone have experience with UND Air Force ROTC? I hear there are about 100 cadets and you spend about 6 hours a week training.

You will have a class per week as a 100/200, then a 3-ish hour LLAB per week.

As you get higher in the program, you will have more classes.

So you like the detachment? I talked to the commander about getting into airfield operations management and he said I should go with the ATC degree.

Wow only 100 cadets? I see so many of them walking around in uniforms. My roomate was in the AFROTC until he was kicked out for attempting suicide with alcohol in my dorm room. NAsty sight and a whole other story.

Yep, around 100 cadets. I was actually shocked when I heard there were that many because it's North Dakota. I guess it's the aviation stuff that draws so many?? I'm still trying to decide between joining the Air Force or being an air traffic controller. Would I be able to request a roomate who is an atc major? I guess this is my biggest worry, getting a d!ck for a roommate.

Yep, around 100 cadets. I was actually shocked when I heard there were that many because it's North Dakota. I guess it's the aviation stuff that draws so many?? I'm still trying to decide between joining the Air Force or being an air traffic controller. Would I be able to request a roomate who is an atc major? I guess this is my biggest worry, getting a d!ck for a roommate.

That's a much bigger question than just wondering what the AFROTC detachment is like!

I just thought there was alot more but I guess its just a mix of airforce and army guys and girls. Cant you join the airforce and be an air traffic controller? I know you can request a roomate if you know someone but about requesting them by major might be a little difficult.

I'm going to UND to major in ATC for sure and then I'll decide on whether I'm doing ROTC hopefully by the end of summer. I can be an Airfield operations manager, which manages ATC somewhat in the Air Force. The problem is if I want to end up doing civilian ATC, i need to get in now because of the hiring boom. Tough decision. Thanks for the info so far. Just wanted to get an idea on morale of the detachment. Oh, and how many atc students are there?

I have no clue how many ATC students there are. My rough guess would be maybe less than 200.:confused:

If you are really interested in Civilian ATC, start applying!! I can't tell you how many CTI students have applied for both their applications and the OTS applications and been accepted as an OTS BEFORE graduating from their CTI programs!!

If you are really interested in Civilian ATC, start applying!! I can't tell you how many CTI students have applied for both their applications and the OTS applications and been accepted as an OTS BEFORE graduating from their CTI programs!!

I came really close to submitting an OTS application back in February, but decided to just wait a couple years until I finish at UND. If I wasn't double-majoring, I probably would have sent it in, but thought that it would be useful to have a second degree to go along with the AT-CTI one.

I am thinking about double majoring, but it seems like it would take a lot more time to do since the ATC degree requires so many aviation classes. It seems like you can barely add on a minor and not go past 120 credits. I will have to see if there still hiring ots in a few years.

I am thinking about double majoring, but it seems like it would take a lot more time to do since the ATC degree requires so many aviation classes. It seems like you can barely add on a minor and not go past 120 credits. I will have to see if there still hiring ots in a few years.

Actually ATC majors have the fewest aviation courses out of the other aviation degrees. There is 7 ATC classes and 7 other aviation classes. So I would thik its the lightest class load of all aviation degrees.

Back