AirNet Interview Today

PanJet

Well I finished the AirNet interview today. Overall I think it went fairly well. It was pretty much the same as what everyone else has posted on here about the interview, and I have to say I was very impressed with the company. They really do make you think, "Wow, I would be proud to fly for these guys."

I got to fly in on the system for the interview out of Seattle, WA. I planned an extra day in between arriving, and I'm very glad that I did. I left Seattle about 7:30 p.m. PDT on the Lear, then we flew to PDX where we waited about 40 minutes for the cargo. Then it was about a 2 hour flight to APA in Denver where I changed planes and rode with a different crew to DSM then on to LCK. I arrived about 4:30 a.m. having traveled about 6 hours and my time clock was quite messed up being three hours off. The flights were amazing, and I was quite impressed with the whole system.

For the interview, it was the usual tour of the company, then the written test, personal interview, and sim ride with lunch thrown in there as well. Lunch was quite casual and a great chance to talk with the AirNet guys. My personal interview was with CW himself. The sim ride was quite extensive as I'd been warned, and I'd have to say I was pleased with my performance, but I'd like to have done better. I felt comfortable keeping up with everything, but there was once or twice where I had to struggle a bit to keep within commercial PTS standards on everything.

Late tonight (or tomorrow I should say) I get back on the Lear for a flight back to Denver and then on to Seattle. I hope everything works out, but even if it doesn't I'm very grateful for the experience, and AirNet seems like an awesome company to work for. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

On a side note: There was a lot of discussion with CW and the director of flight ops talking about the new plans for the future. Some of the stuff they brought up were possibly more flying for stuff like UPS, FedEx, etc. (taking over AmFlight anyone ;), and more new aircraft, most likely turboprops. A few of the aircraft mentioned were the Saab 340, the 1900, or possibly more Caravans.

or possibly more Caravans.

:panic:
Panjet, thanks for writing up your experience, thanks for interviewing and Good luck to you. I hope it all works out for you. Airnet isn't all roses and bumblebees but overall it's an outstanding place to be a part of and an excellent experience builder. Have a great trip back home.

Tip: When you arrive home, maybe think about sending CW an obligatory "thank you" note. Hope to see you around.

Back