Won a type rating!

flyTotheSky

Well, it's finally official. After applying for a scholarship sponsored by Simuflite several months ago, I just got word last week that I was chosen as one of the recipients of a CE-500 type! I'm super pumped about it. I was actually given the choice to do the type in the CE-525 which is the aircraft my company currently flies but decided against it for various reasons. The CE-500 type covers so many different airframes (I think about 8) and if I go for the CE-525 type down the road, it is a new type but there is some reduced training.

Anyway, I chose to do the type in the CE-560 (Citation Ultra). It's the most modern that Simulfite offers out of that series. They also offer the I/II, V, and the Bravo.

I'm in the Dec. 2 class so I've got some time but any insight would be great. This will be my first type rating.

:nana2:

Would have went with the 525!!! I might be biased, but with the CJ3 kicking butt out there along with the upcoming CJ4, it would be a better type to have.

Having said that, congrats and enjoy your first full motion sim. It can be a lot of fun and pure hell at the same time!

Now that is what I call a lucky break! Congrats and best of luck with the training! :)

Would have went with the 525!!! I might be biased, but with the CJ3 kicking butt out there along with the upcoming CJ4, it would be a better type to have.

Having said that, congrats and enjoy your first full motion sim. It can be a lot of fun and pure hell at the same time!

Actually I recently spoke with a Cessna Demo Pilot and he said its still up in the air whether the CJ4 will be a separate type or retain the common CE-525 type. There are quite a few changes. New fuel system, avionics, electric windshield, new speed brake system, and some others. All for the better of course ;)

Congrats! Enjoy the citation! Make sure you study memory items and limitations before you get there and you shouldn't have aaaaaany problem. Like a big skyhawk.

Congrats and have fun!

-mini

Congrats and good choice.

The ce-500 has to be the most utilized business aircraft type out there. Its kind of like have time in King Airs. With some experience in the aircraft you should always be able to find a job.

As for the type dont worry about to much preperation before hand. If you can get ahold of the paper tiger and study flows and memory items youll be miles ahead when you start. Dont worry to much about systems etc... now as that will be covered in class and youll have plenty of time while in school to study that stuff.

Also are you doing the type here in DFW?

Congrats! That is great!

Sim Tips
  • Use the A/P as much as allowed
  • Speed Kills (e.g. slow and configure early) there are no style points awarded for 250 to the marker.
  • The VSI is your friend.
Go to sim knowing the memory items and flows and you will do fine. Have fun and don't over study. Give youself some down time during the training.

Congrats and good choice.

The ce-500 has to be the most utilized business aircraft type out there. Its kind of like have time in King Airs. With some experience in the aircraft you should always be able to find a job.

As for the type dont worry about to much preperation before hand. If you can get ahold of the paper tiger and study flows and memory items youll be miles ahead when you start. Dont worry to much about systems etc... now as that will be covered in class and youll have plenty of time while in school to study that stuff.

Also are you doing the type here in DFW?

Thanks for the advice. Yes I will be training at the DFW facility...

Back