playing non-rev roulette

TheShortOne

so...i made it to houston, but the seats on the 4 flights this afternoon/night have all but disappeared! The last flight still has 16 open, but there's 26 non-revs listed for the next flight (which is oversold by 6); 14 listed for the 7pm one which has 6 seats left (as of now), and 7 listed for the 9pm one with 16 seats left. i'm # 22 of the 26 right now, so keep your fingers crossed that people start giving up... or something so I can get out!

I say you put the smack down on those other 21 in front of you and take their spot.

Good luck EM

so...i made it to houston, but the seats on the 4 flights this afternoon/night have all but disappeared! The last flight still has 16 open, but there's 26 non-revs listed for the next flight (which is oversold by 6); 14 listed for the 7pm one which has 6 seats left (as of now), and 7 listed for the 9pm one with 16 seats left. i'm # 22 of the 26 right now, so keep your fingers crossed that people start giving up... or something so I can get out!
Keep the faith!:) Fridays always suck for nonreving. escpecially Vegas!

it's looking like i'm either going to spend the night here or fly to EWR and try to get out early tomorrow morning since those loads look better than the loads from IAH tomorrow morning

If you can get to PHX on CAL by 7:40pm there is a US flight to LAS with 48 seats and 15 non revs listed. I can do up a buddy pass real fast if you need it. There are a few flights after that PHX-LAS but they don't look as good (and they are on Mesa... blah!)

It sounds like you are trying to non-rev on Continental Airlines.

Even the people in the travel office were admittedly baffled at what happens to many CAL domestic flight loads in the last 24 hours before departure time.

i heart you ethan! i'm now listed on the iah-phx flight that will get me in there at 6:40, and assuming all doesn't go to hell I should be able to get on the airways flight!

This is JC Networking in action folks...taking care of each other!

It sounds like you are trying to non-rev on Continental Airlines.

Even the people in the travel office were admittedly baffled at what happens to many CAL domestic flight loads in the last 24 hours before departure time.

i went to bed last night with loads looking beautiful. woke up this morning and they looked like poop!

i heart you ethan! i'm now listed on the iah-phx flight that will get me in there at 6:40, and assuming all doesn't go to hell I should be able to get on the airways flight!

This is JC Networking in action folks...taking care of each other!

shoot, if you get to PHX, just give Uncle Dougie and Auntie K a call. They can hook you up.... :D

Kudo's to BDD.:rawk:

i went to bed last night with loads looking beautiful. woke up this morning and they looked like poop!
I'm running into that more often now days on Delta. It has to do with business travelers and those travelers who get their tickets via online sites, but never get a reserved seat when they make their reservation. The seats show open till they check in for their flights and they are finally assigned a seat. There are also other factors such as misconnects and re-routes due to weather. The NYC area is suckin right now due to weather.

yeah - original plan last night (plan A) was to go DTW-EWR (32 open as of 10pm EST last night) and then EWR-LAS. (2 flights with 40+ seats each on them). That went to hell when that weather moved in and my 32 open seats suddenly became -4. Houston was looking promising to get to LAS until I got here, and now I'm on plan C. Looks like there's a couple of flights from PHX to LAS tonight so *fingers crossed* i'll make it there!

yeah - original plan last night (plan A) was to go DTW-EWR (32 open as of 10pm EST last night) and then EWR-LAS. (2 flights with 40+ seats each on them). That went to hell when that weather moved in and my 32 open seats suddenly became -4. Houston was looking promising to get to LAS until I got here, and now I'm on plan C. Looks like there's a couple of flights from PHX to LAS tonight so *fingers crossed* i'll make it there!
Where's John?

Most of it is not even the weather, it is like that every time on CAL loads from what I have seen watching carefully for the past several months. Anything domestic, that is.

made it to phx by the skin of my teeth (last non-rev on); thanks to ethan (bobduck) i've now got a boarding pass with a seat assignment in hand. w00t! he's my hero!

shoot, if you get to PHX, just give Uncle Dougie and Auntie K a call. They can hook you up.... :D
ummm.. not really... we're running around like chickens with no heads and we have a full carload tomorrow (reason why max and our swiss friends had to buy a ticket to get up there).

Em can grab a couch here if she needs a place to sleep but she'll have to somehow find a ride and i know cab would cost at least $40 one way....the swiss guys could possibly take her down to the airport with them in the morning as they are going that direction themselves around 9am.

made it to phx by the skin of my teeth (last non-rev on); thanks to ethan (bobduck) i've now got a boarding pass with a seat assignment in hand. w00t! he's my hero!
OH good!!!! otherwise i woulda really been worried since we really couldn't help much.

Hey also - someone called me and left a message between 5:45 central and 6:20 PST. I think it was Matt, but chicaga said it wasn't him, so my mystery caller, either call back or leave me a number next time!

Kudo's to BDD.:rawk:

ummm.. not really... we're running around like chickens with no heads and we have a full carload tomorrow (reason why max and our swiss friends had to buy a ticket to get up there).

Em can grab a couch here if she needs a place to sleep but she'll have to somehow find a ride and i know cab would cost at least $40 one way....the swiss guys could possibly take her down to the airport with them in the morning as they are going that direction themselves around

alright, it was a bad joke, but a joke none the less.... happy traveling. see you in Vegas.

Back