ATC flight deck training returns

Yeah, it would be nice to have some experience from the corporate side. I have had some odd requests because the jet in front of you was able to do it. The Globals are a bit slower than other aircraft in its class, and we have to remind controllers that when we hear them line up a Lear or Challenger behind us, there could be a 40-knot speed differential down final. Lots of please speed up but I can't when I am coming in very light, and my REF is 99 knots.
In a 2000lxs/6x… when they ask us to slow to final a longs ways out- we always ask if they are sure lol. SR-22’s catch us on final just about.

Can always give a controller a ride if they happen to be in MHT.
 
In a 2000lxs/6x… when they ask us to slow to final a longs ways out- we always ask if they are sure lol. SR-22’s catch us on final just about.

Can always give a controller a ride if they happen to be in MHT.
Yeah we were going into MSY and right before we switched to tower we were told to slow to final since traffic in front of us had "dropped the anchor." Turns out it was a Falcon, I had to tell the FO that its ref is just over 100 knots if it is light.

Still miss the Falcon though, such a delight to fly.
 
Yeah we were going into MSY and right before we switched to tower we were told to slow to final since traffic in front of us had "dropped the anchor." Turns out it was a Falcon, I had to tell the FO that its ref is just over 100 knots if it is light.

Still miss the Falcon though, such a delight to fly.
107 Vapp with the 5 knot wind buffer added 90% of the time. Calm winds and were usually about 102 unless tankering.
 
In a 2000lxs/6x… when they ask us to slow to final a longs ways out- we always ask if they are sure lol. SR-22’s catch us on final just about.

Can always give a controller a ride if they happen to be in MHT.
I was there for a year. Easiest money I ever made, but sadly it wasn't enough for the cost of living up there. Pretty decent work environment too
 
They’ve re-approved flight deck training for controllers so if any of y’all got flights out of PHL or EWR and wouldn’t mind some company let’s coordinate (so long as I don’t have to shave my beard)
PHL based here....but my sky nAAzi overlords don't allow beards for jumpseaters (pretty sure we're the only ones with that stupid rule).
 
We’ve done informal ride-alongs with our local controllers and it’s been great all around for learning. I let one guy use the PTT and had him give a PIREP. He stepped on folks left and right and got a good scolding from the center guy. I wish I’d had popcorn.
 
They’ve re-approved flight deck training for controllers so if any of y’all got flights out of PHL or EWR and wouldn’t mind some company let’s coordinate (so long as I don’t have to shave my beard)
There is a possibility that I may be bringing your favorite in next month. Saw it in the bid packet 🤔
 
They’ve re-approved flight deck training for controllers so if any of y’all got flights out of PHL or EWR and wouldn’t mind some company let’s coordinate (so long as I don’t have to shave my beard)
🙋‍♂️

Just riding NE's coat tails. I'll travel to meet anywhere in Eastern PA, north Jersey, or hudson valley NY. Pocono based for now...

Also not shaving my beard.
Y’all are always welcome on us with beards. Not sure what we have out of that area, but for peak (Nov-Dec), we’ll definitely be around there.
 
Who doesn't want to look like Sean Connery? You would think it would be encouraged.

All my facial hair has died in the follicle equivalent of the electric chair but I’d like the big fuzzy cap he wore in the opening for my walk arounds. Goes better with my nice, thick, actually warm wool trench coat. Though I also think bump caps would be good issue for walk arounds too so…

But this is the same company that when the new uniforms rolled out decided there weren’t enough female captains to justify manufacturing women’s blazers with four stripes so I don’t hold much hope for uniform improvements.
 
I wouldn't say I've seen this much until really the last couple days. But those days have been a free-for-all of center controllers giving 45-90 deg off STAR vectors, descending us late and slowing us down excessively, and then 4000+ feet above path with said speed restrictions just suddenly saying "okay now descend via". you gotta be f***king f***king me dude. This is something id like them to see. It is truly a safety of flight concern. Just put me on vectors you •ing unimaginative f*** hole. You don't get to have it both ways. That is specifically for ABQ center if you're on freq right now you f**iking a***holes. Also zero TCAS traffic, no "sequence", just "f-you and the end of your 8th hour of flying two legs all afternoon/evening". Guess that's why they pay us the big bucks cause we didn't f it up, but I know people out there do.

I had one the other day from Norcal (A group of controllers that I generally love!)—something like "Slow to 210 knots (from 280), descend and maintain 6,000, expedite your descent through 8,000.

Hey, bud, I don't know how to tell you this, but you've got to pick one.
 
I had one the other day from Norcal (A group of controllers that I generally love!)—something like "Slow to 210 knots (from 280), descend and maintain 6,000, expedite your descent through 8,000.

Hey, bud, I don't know how to tell you this, but you've got to pick one.

That is a far more concise and polite way of saying it. Obscenities aside (sorry mods), I really do think it would be useful for some folks to get a chance to see what the impact of their directions are.......in the most positive, lets have a learning experience, way. And I agree, norcal generally rocks. Honestly, controllers are awesome as a whole, and I could never do their jobs. But I think in some instances, they just don't know what they don't know.
 
I was there for a year. Easiest money I ever made, but sadly it wasn't enough for the cost of living up there. Pretty decent work environment too
Just have to move off the Bedford/bow/Portsmouth line and it’s not bad.

Houses are stupid at the moment however.
 
They’ve re-approved flight deck training for controllers so if any of y’all got flights out of PHL or EWR and wouldn’t mind some company let’s coordinate (so long as I don’t have to shave my beard)
I’m cool with beards in the the jumpseat. Not everyone is tho…
 
Back
Top