SWA TA Discussion

Zap, ask yourself how many forum users there really are compared to the total seniority list. What percentage of your pilot group is on the forum. When I was at Brown, I was a mod on our forum. The topic came up pretty often about our forum when I would fly with guys and I was amazed at how few really participated. I'd say maybe 25% lurk regularly and maybe 10% were regular posters. Not sure what your numbers are but I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on the forum. Just like JC, it's easy for people to talk big on the interwebs. It's not a real representation of who they really are and how they will really vote.
I hope you’re right.

One thing is for sure, between this TA and another year of divisive politics it’s going to be another year of “so… do you like… stuff?” in the cockpit.

A pilot, on the internet, giving financial advice…

Seems legit.

1703821602747.png

Presented in meme form so that the younger folks surfing the innertubes can understand it in their native language.

View attachment 75725

Presented in meme form so that the younger folks surfing the innertubes can understand it in their native language.
I mean... a few years ago airline pilots thought they were epidemiologists...

And now there's a lot of constitutional law scholars...

So financial advisors is the next logical step. 😉

Seems like, unlike some TAs that result in member explosions of fury and outrage, this one has been more of a slow boil. As time goes on the forums are becoming more and more angry (as opposed to starting angry I suppose?)
As with many social media campaigns the outrage junkies are drawing more and more fence sitters over to their side. Roadshows won’t even begin for another week. It’s possible that the groundswell of outrage may become insurmountable for the negotiators to tamp down during roadshows.

25 days and counting… 😫
“Slap in the face”, “shoved down our throat” “sh sandwich”, “turd”….will pass by 70%. Once the roadshows starts there will be some reality check and it’ll balance. Right now all you have is the “no” crowd getting everyone worked up over stuff that may not even be true.

“This piece of turd!”

says a guy making 500k

Honestly. With these new wages, my GAF meter for pilot complaining is now stuck at zero.

“Slap in the face”, “shoved down our throat” “sh sandwich”, “turd”….will pass by 70%. Once the roadshows starts there will be some reality check and it’ll balance. Right now all you have is the “no” crowd getting everyone worked up over stuff that may not even be true.

Some of what I've seen is definitely not true and these people would know if they'd just bother to actually read it.

Well now I kinda wanna know. Isn’t that the Instagram guy?

No.

Basically a Captain is having a public meltdown because the TA fixes FO pay percentages relative to other companies, so percentage wise relatively junior FO's would get a bigger raise than captains.

As a result of these injustices he plans to slam click, no longer buy drinks for new hires (a tradition here) or do any walkarounds, and give 30 minute debriefs on flying technique, radio usage, uniform standards, and mistakes at the end of each trip.

I was giggling just typing all of that out, it sounded like satire at first but friends have flown with him and apparently he's already kind of a nightmare so... I'm inclined to think it's real.

If there was an airline • of the year award, he showed up at the end of the match with a steel chair.

No.

Basically a Captain is having a public meltdown because the TA fixes FO pay percentages relative to other companies, so percentage wise relatively junior FO's would get a bigger raise than captains.

As a result of these injustices he plans to slam click, no longer buy drinks for new hires (a tradition here) or do any walkarounds, and give 30 minute debriefs on flying technique, radio usage, uniform standards, and mistakes at the end of each trip.

I was giggling just typing all of that out, it sounded like satire at first but friends have flown with him and apparently he's already kind of a nightmare so... I'm inclined to think it's real.

If there was an airline • of the year award, he showed up at the end of the match with a steel chair.
If he does, I hope somebody records it. He’ll be the new Captain Hollywood. 😎

No.

What a loser.

No.

It takes all kinds. His/her kind are everywhere. Not great in number, thankfully, but they are everywhere.

Back