United UAVs….

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Is United going to be hiring helo or UAV pilots, what with the couple hundred eVTOL (electric vertical takeoff and landing) four seat large quadcopter-looking vehicles, with an option for a couple hundred more? With no flight or cabin crew onboard either?

Interesting….

Is United going to be hiring helo or UAV pilots, what with the couple hundred eVTOL (electric vertical takeoff and landing) four seat large quadcopter-looking vehicles, with an option for a couple hundred more? With no flight or cabin crew onboard either?

Interesting….
If I ran an airline I'd be eyeballing unmanned home delivery of packages. Seems like good use of a trusted brand. "Your air fryer will be delivered by Delta before 2 PM."

Are they UAVs if the payload is self-loading meatbags?

It looks like you are referencing the “Embraer Eve” for the United deal. AFAIK, only Joby has been certificated so far.

I’m thinking the real money is whoever owns the heliports in Manhattan since they banned off-port landings.

Are they UAVs if the payload is self-loading meatbags?

It looks like you are referencing the “Embraer Eve” for the United deal. AFAIK, only Joby has been certificated so far.

I’m thinking the real money is whoever owns the heliports in Manhattan since they banned off-port landings.

yeah, these things….

374DA024-81AA-438E-B4DB-83BE30D72CCE.jpeg

If I ran an airline I'd be eyeballing unmanned home delivery of packages. Seems like good use of a trusted brand. "Your air fryer will be delivered by Delta before 2 PM."

Ugh. I know I'm old and out-of-touch; still, I don't want a drone delivering ANYthing to me.

No logical reason, I suppose, but I enjoy interacting with the human delivery drivers who leave things at my place.

That we CAN do something isn't always a good indicator that we SHOULD.

Ugh. I know I'm old and out-of-touch; still, I don't want a drone delivering ANYthing to me.

No logical reason, I suppose, but I enjoy interacting with the human delivery drivers who leave things at my place.

I wish there was a tongue in cheek emoji, sometimes the sarcasm emoji doesn't fit.

Interesting….
The way Untied has been running recently, they'll figure out the answers to all those questions just about the time their competition starts offering teleportation.

I personally can't wait. I live 2.6 miles from the seafood market I like to go to. Unfortunately thats over just about 2 miles of water so it is a 25-30 minute drive each direction. I would take a drone delivery of fresh tuna any day.

"Your air fryer will be delivered by Spirit Airlines in 5 days and will require an extra lifting mount for an additional $35."
"Your portable camping stove will be delivered by Allegiant Air and can be picked up at your neighbors house by 7 PM"

"Your air fryer will be delivered by Spirit Airlines in 5 days and will require an extra lifting mount for an additional $35."
"Your portable camping stove will be delivered by Allegiant Air and can be picked up at your neighbors house by 7 PM"

Meanwhile at United, the beatings continue

Back