Lanyard cheat sheets

pfitmx15

Hello everyone. I recently started at a 121 regional. I was thinking of making some cheat cards to put behind my I’d badge. Was wondering what Information you need to reference quickly that would be nice to have out and available. So far I have.

-Runway condition codes
-Low time first officer rules
-restricted Captain rules
-possibly part 117 limits

Anything else you folks with the experience can think of that would be handy to have available? May also make these up on the IPad and have them handy in that way. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I recently started at a 121 regional. I was thinking of making some cheat cards to put behind my I’d badge. Was wondering what Information you need to reference quickly that would be nice to have out and available. So far I have.

-Runway condition codes
-Low time first officer rules
-restricted Captain rules
-possibly part 117 limits

Anything else you folks with the experience can think of that would be handy to have available? May also make these up on the IPad and have them handy in that way. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with @CFIscare on this one. We certainly have some CAs who carry about five cards on their lanyards. The only one I see that might be of help is the crew briefing card so you don't have to go back and forth between pages in the ipad during the briefing. For an FO, the airline ID is the only thing I can see carrying on there.
To each their own though!

So the safety card with phone numbers in case you bend metal is the only thing I want back there. It’s a number that in a calm state would take me a few minutes to track down. With people running across the airport surface in panic and the airplane engulfed in flames I’d imagine it would be a lot harder a task.

If you’re an AA flight attendant, the only acceptable thing is your printed out hi3.

Just a thought: put your quick reference items on your TOLD card.

Save yourself the time and just bookmark it on your iPad. Easier to read that way anyway.
I'm with @CFIscare on this one. We certainly have some CAs who carry about five cards on their lanyards. The only one I see that might be of help is the crew briefing card so you don't have to go back and forth between pages in the ipad during the briefing. For an FO, the airline ID is the only thing I can see carrying on there.
To each their own though!

Agreed. Carry a picture of the family on the back side of your ID?

All I have on my lanyard is ID, ALPA reference card, Boeing key, and a KCM card.

Keep it simple. Also don't use a cheap plastic id protector. I have seen people lose all the contents out the bottom and not realize till later in the day. I personally don't use any protection ;)

All I have on my lanyard is ID, ALPA reference card, Boeing key, and a KCM card.

Keep it simple. Also don't use a cheap plastic id protector. I have seen people lose all the contents out the bottom and not realize till later in the day. I personally don't use any protection ;)

What‘s a Boeing key?

What‘s a Boeing key?

Standard key that opens things like locked overhead bins (med kits/aed), on board rest facilities, non in-flight cockpit door locks, and the like. Same key gets used on Airbus aircraft (at least here) for the locks, but it only works to start the engines on the Boeings.

Standard key that opens things like locked overhead bins (med kits/aed), on board rest facilities, non in-flight cockpit door locks, and the like. Same key gets used on Airbus aircraft (at least here) for the locks, but it only works to start the engines on the Boeings.
Here I was thinking it was a euphemism for like a Phillips screwdriver or something

Here I was thinking it was a euphemism for like a Phillips screwdriver or something

Nope... it's a thing.

20220917_075854.jpg

Back