Cessna 208 with 14 on board missing 1.5 mile final.

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Date:26-FEB-2022
Time:c. 12:00 LT
Type:
Silhouette image of generic C208 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Cessna 208B
Owner/operator:AB Aviation
MSN:208B5278
Fatalities:Fatalities: / Occupants: 14
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Aircraft missing
Location:At sea, 2.5 km from Bander el salam airport of Fomboni -
D6.gif
Comoros
Phase:Approach
Nature:Passenger - Scheduled
Departure airport:Moroni airport
Destination airport:Bander el salam airport, Fomboni
Narrative:
The flight which was operating the Moroni-Moheli connection on Saturday 26 February disappeared shortly before arriving in sight of its destination airport.
Flight Y61103 departed from Moroni (Grande Comore) and did not land in Moheli, another Comoros island.
There would be 12 passengers on board, plus 2 crew members.
Research opérations are in progress.

"It was flying at an altitude of 863 feet and a speed of 92 knots or 172 km/h at 12°15'53" South and 43°45'5" East.
" The plane was on approach to the Bander el salam airport of Fomboni and was about to start its descent. "
" A plane of the company R'Komor was dispatched to the scene. "

That’s an interesting passenger count for a caravan.
5H-MZA was a Grand Caravan EX built in 2016, max occupant capacity is up to 14 so nothing unusual here.

@moxiepilot was spot on when he posted his thread relating to what has become of this forum.
I've noticed that most threads drift away from the OP and aren't as informative and educational as before. Also a lots of personal attacks, bashing (Indians and Africans in this case) etc... Just saying.
There are many legit aviation operations in Africa, some are better run than ops in the US.
The crash and death of 14 human beings is a serious subject for me, I just don't get the jokes.

Last edited:
Back