Saturday Night, Virtual Night...Networking Video Chat

I found a super good use for my head-on-a-stick as a placeholder

I should be on in another 30 or so.

I’ll at least but the “Big Head Doug on a Stick” as a video placeholder.

Thanks guys. Had a knee replacement a few weeks ago, but ended up getting an infection. Emergency surgery Wednesday, tons of anti-biotics and stuff since then, and heading home in the morning. Get to do 6 weeks of IV anti-biotics (training on that tomorrow), then many months of plain old oral anti-biotics after that. Caught it early so avoided the worst dangers - now is the super-cautious phase to prevent it coming back.

Might have to see if I can get hooked up in a bit just to say "hey"...

Thanks guys. Had a knee replacement a few weeks ago, but ended up getting an infection. Emergency surgery Wednesday, tons of anti-biotics and stuff since then, and heading home in the morning. Get to do 6 weeks of IV anti-biotics (training on that tomorrow), then many months of plain old oral anti-biotics after that. Caught it early so avoided the worst dangers - now is the super-cautious phase to prevent it coming back.

Might have to see if I can get hooked up in a bit just to say "hey"...
ugh. Crazy how “routine” surgery like that can snowball. We had a guy get knee surgery, then some of the meds he was on for recovery triggered a pulmonary embolism that almost killed him at his dinner table. By the time he was recovered from all that he was ready to fully retire.

I may make it on late tomorrow if anyone is still on. I land in IAH at 23:50.
1639807472535.png

Tune in this weekend for the Zoom Virtual Happy Hour “Club COVID” special edition.

Starring…

Me!

All of my holiday plans are pretty much trashed so will I be this Saturday. Drop in and say “hi” as in “high viral load”.

(Totally asymptomatic)

I think everyone in the world has covid right now. That is like a "cool man, did you miss everything we said for the last hour" kind of statement, but it's true. I think I may have already had it too, felt gloomy for a few days, after having dinner at a friend's house that all later tested positive. We did like 7 home tests, all negative, but who knows. Pretty sure chuck yeagar is also currently infected in the afterlife

Back