Previous employer Pria abuse

1. There are multiple viewpoints of the scenario, of which we have only been presented one.
2. Attorneys can be hired for anything, justified lawsuit or not; in the end the only winner is the law firm.
3. What do you expect to get resolved? Your job back? Satisfaction the employer wrongly terminated you and others and get a big settlement? Chances are since you have trouble coming up with proof, that settlement ain't gonna happen.

I recommend let sleeping dogs lie, take your hit on the chin, do some self introspection and look for a new job. Oh, and be careful about trash talking employers on a public forum. $0.02

It's hard to rally the troops on this one.

You had a soft bust and demanded an FAA examiner. Your company initially agreed but later changed their mind, as is their prerogative. You then played chicken and lost.

There are ways to handle these situations during a check ride or oral. Instead of arguing, defer to the guy in charge, do it his way if safe, and politely suggest that the procedure needs to be reviewed as you and/or the company might be doing it wrong. That's good safety culture and the way professionals deal with conflicting policies and procedures.

Your handling of the issue might have been the problem that got you fired, it's not always procedure knowledge and stick-and-rudder stuff. You probably turned a soft bust into a hard bust.

As far as your EEOC claims, I hope that the fired minority pilots didn't suffer from your poor training or leadership. Hoping you didn't take them under your wing. I also hope that these turbulent times didn't result in a situation where deficiencies weren't addressed in a manner that would have preserved and enhanced careers.

You knew you had a bust and rolled the dice whether it would appear in a PRIA report. If your check ride is your last flight with a carrier, you probably had a reportable bust. I'm not sure I have a problem with a carrier that gave you a second chance when they didn't have to.

So, what you are really claiming is that you shouldn't have received a PRIA report because you chose not to continue the check on your terms, turning a soft, likely unreported bust, into a hard bust.

Last edited:
What are you guys all company yes men? What happened to sticking up for your fellow pilots. This isn't the first time a post like this has come out about martinaire. Virtual the same thing was said about them in this forum.

Makes no sense what you just posted. I’m the source of the deviation so…..afterwards you completely lost me. But like mshunter said, I’m gonna let the attorney do his job and keep quite. I thank everyone for thier support and will be acting on the advice given here.

It's hard to rally the troops on this one.

You had a soft bust and demanded an FAA examiner. Your company initially agreed but later changed their mind, as is their prerogative. You then played chicken and lost.

There are ways to handle these situations during a check ride or oral. Instead of arguing, defer to the guy in charge, do it his way if safe, and politely suggest that the procedure needs to be reviewed as you and/or the company might be doing it wrong. That's good safety culture and the way professionals deal with conflicting policies and procedures.

Your handling of the issue might have been the problem that got you fired, it's not always procedure knowledge and stick-and-rudder stuff. You probably turned a soft bust into a hard bust.

As far as your EEOC claims, I hope that the fired minority pilots didn't suffer from your poor training or leadership. Hoping you didn't take them under your wing. I also hope that these turbulent times didn't result in a situation where deficiencies weren't addressed in a manner that would have preserved and enhanced careers.

You knew you had a bust and rolled the dice whether it would appear in a PRIA report. If your check ride is your last flight with a carrier, you probably had a reportable bust. I'm not sure I have a problem with a carrier that gave you a second chance when they didn't have to.

So, what you are really claiming is that you shouldn't have received a PRIA report because you chose not to continue the check on your terms, turning a soft, likely unreported bust, into a hard bust.
You are a complete idiot! You act is if you were there then slyly try to imply that I’m as well as the other pilots were incompetent to begin with and they were let go as a result of me? What are you? Stupid? Racist? Devolved developmental cave man? All of the above or just a stupid racist keyboard warrior who like to talk out of his a$$? Since I trained those guys who were there for varying YEARS how did they last so long?
Or another guy who was fired because he report a maintenance issue to the FAA and then they terminated him? Tell you what no one in thier bright mind when seeing an unjust checkride taking shape has to sit there and take it. You ASSumed I wasn’t following procedures or checklists let your ever all knowing knowledge of things flow through. So tell us all knowing one- you have an engine fire on a single engine aircraft. Do you fly a pattern down or get on the ground ASAP? Cause the A$$ wanted me to fly a pattern.

you sound like a person who gets punched in the mouth…… a lot. Ok I’m done. Thanks everyone for your help tine to let the lawyers handle this.

Last edited:
You are a complete idiot! You act is if you were there then slyly try to imply that I’m as well as the other pilots were incompetent to begin with and they were let go as a result of me? What are you? Stupid? Racist? Devolved developmental cave man? All of the above or just a stupid racist keyboard warrior who like to talk out of his a$$? Since I trained those guys who were there for varying YEARS how did they last so long, a$$?
Or another guy who was fired because he report a maintenance issue to the FAA and then they terminated him?
you sound like a person who gets punched in the mouth…… a lot. Ok I’m done.

Hey, you little bitch.

Where were your posts on this forum about racism at your carrier before you got fired? That's not a rhetorical question.

I'm perfectly comfortable talking about race, my daughter is black. I talk about race just about every day.

I guess you are too dumb to understand my point about the unintended racism in the aviation industry resulting from a hands-off policy, folks are sometimes afraid to address deficiencies for fear of false accusations of racism - like we see here.

OK hello everyone I have a question. My previous employer a dirt bag operation based in Dallas is now sending out bad Pria reports in an effort to try and hurt retaliate and just outright lie on pilots that leave. I am trying to move on to a regional and this company sent out a bad pria on me Essentially saying I failed my checkride. They even had the gall to send me a copy of the lies they told this regional about me. The regional wrote me back asking me to explain this. Needless to say I am quite upset about this and may have my CJO revoked as a result of this crap. Aside from suing the hell out of this company, is there anything else I can do? How do regionals handle this? Any help is appreciated. (Regional in question is Western based)
Really sorry to hear that. The fact that the regional is asking means they may not believe him

It's against CA state law to say more than pay and dates worked.

I was deposed for someone who filed a Trade Slander lawsuit. The attorney took the case for a % of the winnings. No money down. Start by getting a written copy of what he's saying.

Grammar is important. You can't lie "on" someone, but you can lie about someone or something. They also can't send out a bad PRIA "on" you, but about you.

Do you have proof that you didn't fail the ride they say you failed?
Wellllll, with grammatical correctness, you actually can "lie on" someone. It's just that that usually takes us into X rated areas.

Your giving grammar lessons at a time like this? Seriously?

Also, You're...

More germane: EOD, if you want even a mosquito's chance of sucking blood from a whale, get ALL of this in writing.

Last edited:
Hey, you little bitch.

Where were your posts on this forum about racism at your carrier before you got fired? That's not a rhetorical question.

I'm perfectly comfortable talking about race, my daughter is black. I talk about race just about every day.

I guess you are too dumb to understand my point about the unintended racism in the aviation industry resulting from a hands-off policy, folks are sometimes afraid to address deficiencies for fear of false accusations of racism - like we see here.
Whoa, there, big fella! You don't wanna start making ME look good... :)

1. There are multiple viewpoints of the scenario, of which we have only been presented one.
2. Attorneys can be hired for anything, justified lawsuit or not; in the end the only winner is the law firm.
3. What do you expect to get resolved? Your job back? Satisfaction the employer wrongly terminated you and others and get a big settlement? Chances are since you have trouble coming up with proof, that settlement ain't gonna happen.

I recommend let sleeping dogs lie, take your hit on the chin, do some self introspection and look for a new job. Oh, and be careful about trash talking employers on a public forum. $0.02

I know nothing about this case...

That said, real stuff like this is becoming WAY too commonplace in the industry outside 121.

Therefore, in general, if there IS a real case, or if you even reasonably presume the evidence could support a real case ... ALWAYS hire an attorney with the intention of choosing door number 3!!

Last edited:
So tell us all knowing one- you have an engine fire on a single engine aircraft. Do you fly a pattern down or get on the ground ASAP? Cause the A$$ wanted me to fly a pattern.

An engine fire, or training for an engine fire? Either way, what the AFM/POH Emergency procedure or other FAA approved/company procedure says to do is the right answer. And then consider getting creative if that doesn't work.

Hey, you little bitch.

And why are you so determined to defend a carrier you know nothing about? How do you know about a false accusation of racism when you have absolutely no facts to prove your claim? Yoou revealed how you feel about things by saying that those pilots must have failed because I trained them. You make your motive glaringly clear. So share your insight. How do you know the claims that I and other pilots have made about that operation are false, or do you always type first with no facts to back it up? Your ignorance is apparent. and this is not a rhetorical question.

You also overcompensate by stating your daughter is black so that gives you in your Trumpian head the right to address this issue, yet if you understood it you would see just how some minority pilots have been treated in this industry. Not all companies are like that. You ever research what the Tuskegee airmen went through?
Then you bring your bitch ass on here talking • about something you know nothing about and seek to discredit a poster by falsely accusing someone of lying.
I find it ironic you come on a site owned by a black pilot and talk this garbage like you know. The only bitch I see on here is you all that barking with no facts, like you just know.

Last edited:
An engine fire, or training for an engine fire? Either way, what the AFM/POH Emergency procedure or other FAA approved/company procedure says to do is the right answer. And then consider getting creative if that doesn't work.
Yea I did all that but he wanted a pattern instead of a steep spiral down that was against the p.o.h. Who in their right minds flies a pattern with a single engine fire on a single engine plane? Anybody remember the Pan-Am crew that had a fire on the plane and passed multiple airports to get to an approved maintenance facility? They didn’t make it.

Last edited:
150AB96A-F210-4498-8AD0-6A524FCDE8CE.jpeg

I know nothing about this case...

That said, real stuff like this is becoming WAY too commonplace in the industry outside 121.

Therefore, in general, if there IS a real case, or if you even reasonably presume the evidence could support a real case ... ALWAYS hire an attorney with the intention of choosing door number 3!!
Good advice. I also have proof.

Back